Sunday 12 May 2013

Happy Mother's Day and lots of other stuff!

Happy Mother's Day to all those lovely mothers out there.  I hope that you are having a great day.

For my Mum, I made this Coconut Chiffon Cake:








Needless to say, it hasn't lasted long!

I have been doing lots of stitching, too, although I have been so busy that I have barely had time to get onto my laptop let alone do much blogging!  (Often, when I am so busy I choose stitching time over blogging time - there is only so much a girl can do!)


Cut Through Castle  Update #1 (SAL with Linda and Debbie and lots of others)
Not much progress, so far I know.
I am stitching it on this beautiful blueish/purple 32 ct fabric from  Quilt Kitty.

April's Halloween Ornament SAL:


May's Halloween Ornament SAL progress:


Update: I have been asked what the variegated thread is on the moon.  Now, the moon is meant to be all yellow but I thought that it would look pretty speccy with something about different, so I am using WDW's Fiesta - what do you all think?

Thread Pickerz Silkz Heart SAL - Heartz 1 and 2:







Santa's 12 Days of Christmas SAL: (with Linda and Debbie)




.... and here is my TUSAL update - train ORTs on the left and home ORTs on the right:




Well, that is all for me for now - look out for my upcoming posts:  A review of Yiota's cross stitch kits and another book review plus maybe a few more things as the week's progress.

hugs, 

19 comments:

Annette-California said...

Happy Mother's day to you too:) You made a beautiful and tempting cake. Love all your stitching. Good start on Castle for Cut thru SAL.
love Annette

Anonymous said...

lovely post Kaye.xx

Mii Stitch said...

Great post, great yummy looking cake & great stitching update!

Shirlee said...

Happy Mothers Day dear friend!

Carol said...

Such a yummy looking cake, Kaye!! I am the only one in my family who eats coconut so I'm afraid I never get to enjoy anything like that...

Happy Mother's Day to you!

Unknown said...

Oh your cake looks delicious - love coconut.

Lots of lovely stitching too - you have been very productive.

Sarah in Stitches said...

What a gorgeous cake! And all your stitching progress looks fantastic too - I particularly love the Silkz Heart, the colors are incredible!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lucky Mum to have such a beautiful cake to mark the day!!!

Wow you've been working of all kinds of great projects!!! I've been choosing stitching over blogging myself lately too.

cucki said...

yummyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cake..
happy mothers day to you too dear..
sweet stitching progress x

SoCal Debbie said...

The cake looks so luscious! Nice start on your castle! I can't wait to see the dragon's eyeballs soon! I added the pic to the SAL page. http://debbiescrossstitch.blogspot.com/p/bothy-threads-cut-thru-sal.html

Great progress on Santa's 12 Days and the May Halloween ornament looks great! What kind of orange variegated floss is that? The hearts looks really pretty, too.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Happy Mother's Day! You've got all sorts of good stitching going on!

sharine said...

Busy woman! The cake looks yummy and beautiful stitching as always:)

Linda said...

Great update Kaye. You have been busy. Yummy looking cake. My husband would love that. Santa 3 looks great. You've almost caught up to us. We are still on day 4. Pretty floss for the hearts and your ornaments are really pretty.

Yippee!!! A picture of the Castle. Great start. I just want to stitch all of them now. lol Will add it to the SAL page on my blog.

Linda

Valma said...

wow, what a beautiful and yummy cake =D
Completely understand why it hasn't lasted long =D
xxx

Catherine said...

Oh my gosh!! That cake looks yuummmmyyyyyy!!! Cute stitches too!

Brigitte said...

Ohhh, what a delicious cakes this must be. Or maybe I should say was, lol. It's quite obvious why it was eaten up so fast.
Many gorgeous WIPs, one for each mood a stitcher can be in. Enjoy them all.

Stitchy Mc Floss said...

Oh my that cake looks so yummy! You are an awesome baker!

The moon is beautiful with the Fiesta WDW's thread. So clever to use a variegated instead of just plain yellow. I love it!

Love all your stitching...I am looking forward to watching your progress.

Blessings always

AnaCristina said...

I love coconut cake!

Sandy said...

Kaye:

I've been "stalking" your blog for a while now :) Lovely work, cake looks great too!

Sandy

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...