Monday 3 June 2013

Brisbane.....

I had a very successful trip to Brisbane last week....

On the first day we had lunch in Mooloolaba; the beach looked lovely.




 Enjoying our post lunch lattes.



Setting up for the first Workshop at the Learning and Innovation Centre at the University of the Sunshine Coast, Sippy Downs.


A very succulent afternoon tea was provided (the best we have had so far):




Teachers begin to arrive....


Some of my Queensland colleagues:



My DF and colleague, Marita, starts the Workshop...



Intent listeners...


Me getting ready - such an inelegant pose but I was sitting sideways to the desk (and sorry the picture is fuzzy)

The view of the Brisbane River from the Brisbane office....



The second night we presented in this huge venue... (80 teachers had registered to attend)


Starting to fill up...

That night we went for dinner in James Street in Fortitude Valley - I couldn't resist taking photos of these amazing light fixtures  - a bit like Triffids really - do you all remember John Wyndham's novel "The Day of the Triffids"   - this quote is from Amazon - "The Day of the Triffids is perhaps the most famous catastrophe novel of the twentieth century and its startling imagery of desolate streets and lurching, lethal plant life retains its power to haunt today."  That is what these lights remind me of - I found that novel to be very scary when I read it as a young girl.




We found this trendy restaurant called Gerard' Bistro, we later found out that it actually has one Chef's Hat - very nice indeed.

Here I am relaxing with a pre dinner cocktail:


Marita and Andrew with their cocktails:


This is one of the dishes we shared (they were all the most amazing share plates), this is Pistachio cake with halva - truly delicious.


The hotel we stayed at, had these gorgeous platters as wall decorations....



Well, that is a rough "journey" through my Brisbane trip, I hope that you enjoyed it.  Next week I am off to Perth for work for three days - so next weekend you will all probably get an update on that trip - so please come back if you are interested.

hugs,

17 comments:

Catherine said...

Looks like fun!

Carol said...

It's fun to tour Australia with you, Kaye!! Enjoy your stay in Perth!

Barb said...

I loved your pictures. One thing I love about blogging is that you meet such interesting people and get to visit such amazing places! Thanks for sharing.

Christine M said...

That's a lovely photo of you with your cocktail Kaye. Sounds like you've been working hard!

Linda said...

Looks like you had a fun teaching trip Kaye. I look forward to next weeks pictures.

Linda

cucki said...

So much fun x

Anonymous said...

such a lovely post Kaye thankyou for sharing i love the look of your cocktail,bet it was nice.xx

Mii Stitch said...

Nice trip! You might want to pop over to my blog... There seem to be a good news for you! x

P.J. said...

Looks like it was a success. Wonderful food pics! Love the funky lights...now I need to read this book. Have a safe journey.

Shirlee said...

Even though you're working, it looks like you're having a great time : ) I had to laugh at the Triffids. I haven't thought of them in years : )

Jane and Chris said...

Oh yes...Triffids! I read the book as a girl...I'm still suspicious of certain plants!
Jane x

Sarah in Stitches said...

Looks great - hope you had fun! :D

Sally said...

Lovely photos. Hope you had a great time.

Ariadne said...

Glad that you had a good time!AriadnefromGreece!

Stitching Noni said...

Looks like you had a great time both at work and play :)
Hugs x

Sara said...

Seems you had a great time in Brisbane :)

Valma said...

that's so super to have fun at work !! =)
really great
and it's always a delight to travel with you
thank you for sharing those pictures =)
xxxxx

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...