About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Tuesday, 4 June 2013

Snazzy!

What do you think of my snazzy new toaster?



It has all the bells and whistles to make perfect toast and crumpets - I especially like the idea of the "A bit more" button, for when you want to get just the perfect amount of browning.  Plus I love the idea of having an accent colour of bright red in my sage green kitchen (TraderVic says that it is too red but luckily, he demurred when I asked him to come shopping with me - so he got no say in the purchase, so  "boo hoo" to him - lol!)


I am off to Perth for work tomorrow - see this post here for all of my MIA news - which should be good.  Hopefully the workshops are as successful as the ones in Brisbane were.

However, I am really thrilled as I am going to be able to catch up with Stitchin' Noni who lives in Perth - how cool is that?  I am just putting together a little stitching something to give her, nothing better than delivering a RAK in person!

Have a great rest of the week, everyone and next weekend look out for pics of Noni, me and Perth.


hugs,

17 comments:

Lynn said...

It most definitely is snazzy! I love the bright red and A Bit More button is just awesome! Enjoy!!

Linda said...

Have a great week Kaye. That is one awesome toaster. I've never seen one like that around here.

Linda

Barb said...

I love that toaster!!! Have a great time in Perth. Enjoy your time with a friend stitcher.

Marie said...

Wow, I love that toaster!

Enjoy your travels to Perth and your visit with a fellow stitcher.

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, look at that fancy toaster! A bit more crumpet sounds good to me!

Have fun with Noni, lucky you.

Christine M said...

Love the red toaster. My favourite colour! Have a great time in Perth and don't work too hard.

Stitching Noni said...

Hi Kaye! Love your new toaster :)
I am so excited to be meeting up with you tomorrow, can't wait :)
Have a safe trip and see you soon :)
Hugs x

Narelle said...

Love your snazzy new toaster and I can think of a few things that could use 'a bit more' button :)
Have a great time away!

cucki said...

Love the sweet toaster..have a great time xxx

Shirlee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shirlee said...

A sage green kitchen sounds so pretty (I love sage green) but that red toaster ... oo-la-la! My kitchen has had a red theme for the past 30+ years so I went a little ga-ga when I saw that toaster of yours. Makes me want to hound John about moving to Melbourne again. Whoops! Sorry Sophie! (We try not to use the H word around here.)

Chris said...

Pretty cool toaster!
Have a good time in Perth. Glad to know that you will be having some fun instead of just work :)

SoCal Debbie said...

I love that red toaster! (although I don't know what a crumpet is, haha)

My plain white toaster has a Pop Tarts setting, though!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Love the red toaster and a crumpets button!? I've never seen that in the US. Hope your trip is continuing to go well and that you have fun with Noni!

Denise SA said...

How can a toaster be too red. It's gorgeous

Xeihua (Sara) said...

Love your new Toaster :) the colour is great :) And I like the "A bit more" button too as I like my toasts "tanned" as I call them eheheh... Hope you have a great time in Perth nothing better than conciliate work with visiting some stitching friends :)
Hugs,
Sara

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Too Red? There's no such thing as too red, not red enough is pink!

Year ago someone proposed a toaster that popped one piece up then the other popped up once you'd buttered the first piece so each piece is perfect butter-melting temperature. I am eagerly waiting this innovation!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...