Monday 2 September 2013

I love Furio!

Now, this probably is no surprise to those of you who visit my blog frequently but I love my kitty cat, Furio, very much.

He is a very affectionate cat and is most adorable.  Even my friends at work who are dog lovers know that Furio is a remarkable cat.

One example of the joy he brings to my life occurred the other night.  I had just been on the phone to my dear parents and I finished the call feeling quite despondent as I am still very worried as to how they are going to cope at home together now that Mum has finished respite (she only weighed 32 kilos this morning when I went to visit Dad for Father's Day!) So, anyway, after the call I lay down on the bed to have a little weep.  Next thing I know, Furio had come up two floors (we have an attic bedroom) and was snuggling right into my shoulder, purring like mad to make me feel better.  He didn't do any of his usual miaowing, "here I am, adore me", it was all about comforting me.

How can you not love a cat like that?











hugs,

23 comments:

Meari said...

Cats certainly do have personalities of their own, don't they? Glad he was able to lift your spirits.

Anonymous said...

very cute and loving cat.xx

Linda said...

Cats are wonderful aren't they Kaye. They know when we are sad or hurt. Love all the pics of him.
Sending prayers, hugs and happy thoughts your way as always.

Linda

gracie said...

What a sweet looking kitty....

marly said...

Enjoyed seeing your furbaby!

Gill - That British Woman said...

pets can read your moods I find. You are lucky to have such a caring cat.

Gill in Canada

Steph said...

Furio is awesome!! They are great at judging your feelings and comfort you when down. I have 3 kitties and I just love them to pieces :) xxx

Mouse said...

awwwwww he is aaaaaadorable .. love his colouring and he will have known you were upset ...
ps love the blankie he is laying on in the last photo .... love mouse xxxxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Aw, that is so sweet! I love cats and miss my two terribly (they're back in Kuwait with my family). Big hug to Furio from me!

Valma said...

When I was a little girl, I've been attacked by a cat !
since then they all seems like tigers to me !!!
but maybe Furio would reconcile me with cats =D
I'm sure...
big hugs
xxx

Pinnylea Creations said...

A very special cat with a sixth sense - he just knew you needed a little extra love ♥

Shirlee said...

Aw Kaye ... isn't it sweet how our kitties know when we need comforting? Furio is one of the best!

cucki said...

Aww I love him too xxx

Vickie said...

Pets are such a gift from God. Mabel and Henry have been by my side during all this ulcer illness. Such a comfort. Furio is a lovely color!

Miss Lilly said...

^^ Sweet Furio! He's so handsome too - such lovely long legs! And his colour - very yummy *__*

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Cats really are amazing creatures. I do miss my Spooky cat and it's been 11 years now!

Chris said...

Furio is a fabulous guy! So glad that you have him :) I hope that you are feeling better!

Emma/Itzy said...

I love how cats have such different personalities, one of mine if I was weeping would do the same as Furio, he would sit as close to my face as possible and purr away. Whereas the other would probably just bite me lol.

Bernadett said...

Furio is too cute.:)

Barb said...

Pets bring so much joy to people!

Catherine said...

What a sweetie!

Denise SA said...

It's amazing the comfort a pet can give. Thinking of you and your mother.

Stitching Noni said...

Oh, isn't he just wonderful. I don't know how they know when you need a hug, but they always seem to know :)

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...