Thursday 24 July 2014

Lovely gifts from a lovely friend....

My dear friend Lisa recently returned from a trip to Europe and she brought me back some gifts.

The first is a beautiful bead for my Pandora bracelet.  This bead is handcrafted in Mdina, Malta at Mdina Glass.

I love it, the colours are just perfect for me!




She also brought me back this sweet hand stitched towel - all of this is stitched over one! Now, for the life of me I cannot remember where she said this was from but I will get back to you on that when she texts me back with the info.  (Update:  from a town near Porto in Portugal)



Oh, and I have been stitching this week:

Springtime Messenger by With they needle and thread....


... and a Prairies Schooler Christmas Strawberry....

using some of the new Sajou thread I bought on a recent trip to L'ucello (but more about L'ucello next post).  Aren't the colours vibrant?



Anyway, off to read some blogs, then it is the train to listen to a novel while I stitch on my way to work - what a great way to start the day... yummy porridge and a latte, some blogging then a good read/listen and some stitching.  Pity that the train trip is only 1/2 hour and then it is 7 and a half hours of working! lol! (Gotta pay for the stash somehow!).  Then I have added a half hour walk to the end of my day up to Parliament station (at the end of the city loop) so I read/listen some more, then a 20 min train trip and I am home in time for dinner..... and more stitching, of course!  You know, life is pretty good, really! Thanks to my God, my family, my friends, my work, my stitching and, of course, you, my wonderful, stitchy, bloggy friends  (and of course, the kitty cats, Furio and Milo).

bye for now, hugs,

14 comments:

Margaret said...

What lovely gifts from your friend! Love your stitching as well!

gracie said...

Very nice gifts....

Barb said...

The bead and the towel are such lovely gifts! Your WIPS are looking good!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye whats gorgeous gifts your friend bought back for you,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Linda said...

Beautiful gifts Kaye. Your stitching looks great.

Linda

Christine M said...

What lovely gifts. The bead is so pretty.

Annette-California said...

Beautiful thoughtful gifts from your friend. Pretty stitching:)
love Annette

Thoeria said...

Such lovely gifts from your friend :) Beautiful stitching!

Pinnylea Creations said...

What a thoughtful friend Kaye - the bead is just stunning. Great stitching too ...

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely gifts! The stone for your bracelet is just adorable.

Vickie said...

What thoughtful, great gifts!
Yes, you have a pretty good setup going on in your life! ;)

Sarah in Stitches said...

Excellent stitching and great gifts! Enjoy :D

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Beautiful bead, do you keep your bags as souvenirs too?

I do enjoy a train commute to work, it's the only reason I don't object to travelling to a different shop sometimes!

Penny said...

What lovely gifts! Your stitching is looking nice too!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...