Thursday 16 October 2014

The tale of the missing stitchery.....

I am hoping that one of you is an intuitive Sherlock Holmes type,







who can help me track down my missing Christmas Ornament - the stitching is nearly finished on it but it has gone AWOL.

These are the facts:

Yesterday I was merrily finishing the last of the stitching on a Christmas Ornament from the latest JCS Christmas Ornie Mag:


When I had to stop as I had to go out to an appointment.  So, I put it down where I was sitting and stitching and went out, quite happily.

BUT, when I returned a few hours later, my nearly finished Christmas Ornie was GONE!

I have searched high and low.





... but it seems to have vanished into thin air!

Now, I cannot show you a picture of the missing Ornie:

          1. Because it is for an exchange
          2. Because I hadn't got around to taking any pics yet!
... however, I have some theories, which I would love your input on:

Theory No. 1  - The Culpable Cats or Furio the criminal mastermind.

Did Furio, my sweet little kitty cat 



and his nefarious offsider, Milo, steal my Christmas Ornie?  Why, you ask?  Because he is jealous of the time I spend stitching rather than adoring him.



They look guilty of something in this photo, I think.


Theory No 2 - Aliens took it!

Or was it all part of an Alien plot to find out more about how people in Australia spend their leisure time?


Hmm!  I wonder what they will think of it?


Theory No 3 - I have early onset Alzheimers...

... so I put it down somewhere safe and cannot remember where.


Theory No 4 - Either the gremlins or the fairies took my Christmas Ornie ...





... the former because they love to make mischief, the latter because my Ornie was so beautiful that they wanted it for themselves ......


So, what do you think?  I would love to know which of my theories you think is the most plausible or if you have another one, please let me know.

I am a great believer in misplaced items turning up eventually, so hopefully that will be the case and I can get it finished before Christmas!

Thanks for reading my nonsense,

hugs, 












29 comments:

Ruth said...

Did you check the fridge? By the back door? Those are the two likeliest places my friend's mom "loses" things too.--- she calls all the time wondering where she lost ___ ...... We're still looking for the saucepan she lost that week. It is *not* in the fridge though that seemed extremely likely.

May the lost come home soon!

cucki said...

Oh dear..that's interesting
Hmmm well cats looking suspicious to me too :) and may be check in the mag..may be its hiding in one of the pages ..or it slipped under the table.,
I hope it come back to you soon xx

Josie said...

I know where it is..... it's in a 'safe' place! That's where all the stuff that goes missing around here is. If only I could remember where the 'safe' place is.. Hummm.... maybe you should consider early onset dementia too. Thanks for the great giggle this evening... you cheered me up no end...:o)) Hope you locate your safe place soon.....x

Margaret said...

If it were Mia, I would say there's no way she would have taken it. But your cats might be different. I could see a cat squirrel ing an ornie away. Lol!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Hmm! Very interesting!!! The cats DO look a bit guilty...but no evidence! I once appliqued a block to my skirt accidentally so perhaps check what you were wearing Lol! Perhaps it was the Grinch...out to make mischief or as someone else said...it's in a safe place! Hope it turns up soon x

Frances said...

HAHA! As another "cat person" I would guess they might have something to do with it!! Look under all the furniture to see if it got batted around and ended up under something!
I have also put things away so I wouldn't forget them and then couldn't remember what I did!! HAHA1
Please let us know where it is located! I suspect we will all get a good laugh!

Anonymous said...

Lol ,love this post Kaye,hope you find it,my bet is with the cats being up to mischief.xx

Pam in IL said...

Hopefully you've found the missing piece by now. I was thinking it's in your magazine, in the chair or on the floor.

rosey175 said...

I too would blame the ever-so-innocent cats. And even if they turn out to be actually innocent, I would imagine that they did it anyway! (They take blame well ehehehe) I also blame cushions and floors and couches. Or ghosties jealous they're being ignored for Christmas.

Deb said...

Gremlins, I'm definitely going with
gremlins Kaye! I HATE when that happens; if you are like me you will eventually find it in the most unlikely place and wonder why in the heck you put it there! Hope it turns up soon!

Linda said...

To funny Kaye. My first thought would be the cats. Or, in one of magazine pages, stuck in or behind the chair cushion or under the chair. Or, maybe with the floss or another project.

Linda

Christine M said...

Great post, Kaye. I think it was one of those cheeky kitties!

Justine said...

It's with my cheque book and my 4mm crochet hook.

Christine said...

The cats DO look guilty...
I would do a mental check list of everything you picked up and took with you when you went out and then go round and check the places where all of those things live. I once put a plastic bag in the fridge and the milk in the "save plastic bags to re-use them thingy"

Preeti said...

Or, may be, you posted it on the way back home ;)
Hilarious post!:))
The cats look suspicious too but you would very well might be aware of their reach to hide something.

Brigitte said...

There is only one correct answer: theory #2, abduction by aliens. And be careful, next time they come they will abduct you because they need someone to teach them how to do these beautiful ornaments. LOL.

butterfly said...

What a fun post, oh yes where do all our lost things go ?

I'd say outer space , they take things away then drop them back again when we are not looking.

Mii Stitch said...

Funny post & I think all your options are possible :D
I would think perhaps the cats wanted to give a go at playing with your project but maybe you simply placed it in your handbag??? :) I'm sure it will turn up x

Cath said...

LOL . the borrowers have taken it for a Christmas bed spread .x

Sarah in Stitches said...

LOL... Loved this post. Really hope you find your ornament soon! I'm thinking the cats probably had something to do with it... :D

gracie said...

I am sure it was the Faeries..why? because it was just to pretty to leave around. Those 2 balls of fluff might have wanted it, but the Faeries got it first. I am a real Faeries believer!

Thoeria said...

LOL Kaye - this had me giggling! I'm of the opinion that Furio and Milo, after batting it off from it's resting place...called upon the fairies to get hold of the aliens and have them spirit it away to the land of the gremlins where they are now using it as a tree ornie....all in the hopes that you'd think you have early onset Alzheimers and in your sorrow of believing that you had it, you set aside all stitching and adored the two rapscallions and showered them with strokes and all the yummy treats they want.....

Anne said...

LOL! Oh Kaye, what a funny post but not so funny because you are missing your ornie! I think theory #1 was the most plausible. The cats probably took off with it and left it somewhere in the house...hopefully it'll turn up soon!

Barb said...

Funny Kaye! I say the cats are too sweet and innocent to be guilty, besides they'd just sit on the piece if they wanted your attention. I vote you were thinking of something and just laid it down and forgot where. I do that all the time and usually find the missing object right in front of my eyes!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

My vote is for the cats! Or that you have put it INSIDE a magazine to keep it flat and have forgotten which one.

KimM said...

I vote for Furio. However, I also think Gremlins or Fairies. Hope this helps ;0)
SSF
xxx

Daniela Bencúrová said...

If it was me, so number 3, hahaha

Barb said...

A very cute post! I vote the kitties. They are smart and probably know lots of stitching is coming up for their dear Mom!

Noela said...

I don't usually find things I've lost until I start a replacement piece then it suddenly appears. Not much help I know. Hope it turns up soon. hugs.....

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...