About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Thursday, 20 November 2014

Bah Humbug Indeed!

Well, I am still fixated on Sue Hillis's oh so cute Christmas Ornies - Bah Humbug!

Here is my latest finish and the start of the next one!


Santa's Stocking:

I have been experimenting with a Christmas variegated thread from Threadworx for the lettering.





The start of Santa's Hat:


Thanks for visiting,

hugs,

15 comments:

Heather Bybee said...

Looks great!

Linda said...

Congrats on the cute finish Kaye. I like that variegated floss.

Linda

sew.darn.quilt said...

Very cute :D

Frances N said...

Too, too cute!!!!

shez said...

Hi Kaye i am so enjoying seeing your cross stitching come to life,enjoy your day my friend.xx

gracie said...

So cute...

Barb said...

Wonderful Christmas ornaments. I love the way your thread looks.

Margaret said...

I think you've sent me over the edge. I'm going to have to order that chart. lol! Love seeing you stitching all of them -- they are wonderful!

Christine said...

That is adorable!

Mii Stitch said...

Looks great! Love the special Christmas thread :)

Anne said...

Very pretty threads and I love that ornie! Who designed it?

Thoeria said...

Cute cute cute!!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

So cute! I love this little series. Great work :D

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Christmas designs are so cute:-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Grumpy Ornies! I think I like the variegated thread for the border the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...