Thursday 26 March 2015

Smalls SAL 2015 - March update


The Smalls SAL 2015 is hosted by the lovely Heather, from Stitching Lotus. On the last Wednesday of every month you sign into the sign in post on her blog, here and link to your Smalls SAL post.

Basically, we....
"Stitch a small every month. You get to decide what a small is for you. 50×50 stitches? 100×100 stitches? It’s up to you."


My Small this month is Leona Adams by Blackbird Designs, which I have rechristened "Kaye Leslie" (my two given names) and further personalised by adding my date of birth (given it all away now, haven't I?).

This has been such a lovely design to stitch - gorgeous fabric and lovely muted colours.









Leona Adams
Blackbird Designs
28 ct Mocha Linen
Suggested (with a few variations) speciality threads.


I have also been working on another special project for myself using bits and pieces of this and a couple of other designs but you will have to wait until it is done to see what else I have been up to with this lovely design.

Now, don't forget to check out everyone else's Smalls - here.



hugs,

32 comments:

Christine M said...

I love the colours you have chosen, Kaye. That is such a lovely piece.

Margaret said...

Wow, what a gorgeous finish! I love the colors!

Pull the other thread said...

That piece is so pretty. The colours are just beautiful. Well done on such a stunning finish.

Melody said...

Such a lovely piece, I love the colours you have chosen.

Barb said...

I love that piece. I like the colors you chose even better than the ones on the design cover.

Barbi said...

Wow! Yours looks so much better than the cover shot of the chart! Lovely!

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Kaye.

Linda

marly said...

This may be my favorite piece of your work. Love it.

Stitching Noni said...

Kaye, what a gorgeous sampler. I love the pretty colours.
I agree with Marly, definitely a favourite :)
Hugs xx

sharine said...

Great small finish Kaye:)

Sally said...

Such a pretty piece Kaye. Love the colours you have chosen.

cucki said...

Lovely finish my dear xx

Brigitte said...

Oh, how I love this little finish. It's just gorgeous. I have my smalls for the SAL together as well but the weather doesn't cooperate so there are no pictures yet.

Irmeli said...

Lovely finish for smalls SAL, beautiful colors!

Justine said...

Gorgeous. Your colour choices are so pretty and light. Definitely a favourite!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

It is again a beautiful SAL, congratulations, dear Kaye!

Sheryl said...

Beautiful work Kaye, what a lovely design.

Vickie said...

Excellent! What a fine job you've done Kaye. :)

Mii Stitch said...

"kaye Leslie" is just stunning!!!! What beautiful colours and perfect fabric. Congrats on your finish it really is one of my favourite, well done!

chickenchupacabra said...

Love your color changes!!

Bea said...

Fantastic finish! Love the colours and the design in general.

Faith... said...

You did a great job adding your name and birthdate; it looks wonderful!

Thoeria said...

Gorgeous Kaye! Love your choices :)

Carol said...

Love this piece, Kaye :) And I look forward to seeing your "special project!"

Deb said...

WOW! Stunning piece! Love your colors!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a beautiful large small you have stitched this month. The colours are perfect.

Pamela said...

Beautiful finish!

CJ said...

I always enjoy looking at your beautiful stitching.

CJ

karamino said...

Fantastic job! Love the colours and the design!

Miamina said...

Beautiful stitching, well done!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Oooh, it's gorgeous! I love those colors!

Meari said...

Congrats on your finish!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...