Sunday 22 March 2015

TUSAL March update and FNSI update...

... ... well, here I am - a few day's late again!  I am so sorry, my stitching mojo is going so strong (although very erratic in what I find myself stitching) but my blogging mojo is very sluggish at the moment.  I am so far behind on my blog reading and commenting and on replying to my bloggy emails and I just can't seem to get a lot of enthusiasm to blog much at the moment.  I want to blog but the effort of actually writing the post seems to be too much at the moment!  Work is very busy, we are still busy with our family (even more now in a way due to them being scattered to the wind) and we have just had some bad news around my dear father's health, which I think is going to add another layer of complexity to my life.

Oh well, at least blogland is always there, waiting for us to return - so here I am today and I will endeavour to stop my whinging and complaining and show you some stitching instead!

Let's start with my March TUSAL update:


Home ORTs on the left, train ORTs on the right:



Here are all of this year's ORTs so far:



Now, my FNSI - two new projects (why oh why do I keep starting new projects? I have so many WIPs and UFOs already!)

Ebony and Ivory 





Ebony and Ivory
Tempting Tangles Designs
29 ct White Evenweave
Instead of the suggested Dinky Dye silk threads of Black Coral and Charcoal
I am using:
CC Nighty Nite (dark purplish-black)
WDW Grape Ice (light purple)

I must admit, I am really thrilled with my progress on this one so far - I am very pleased with both my fabric and colour choices.


My second new start is:

Jour d'hiver



Jour d'Hiver
Designer: Lilli Violette
28 ct Mocha linen
Using suggested DMC threads

I am, also doing some special stitching and finishing for my Friends Swapaway (which I am far behind on also - sorry Butterfly and Kim) but I will keep that secret for now.

Yesterday morning, when I got up this is what I saw from my back deck:


hot air balloons in the far distance.

And this morning, my rose bushes were looking very pretty:




... and I wish to plant some more in this bare garden bed.



Lastly, my baking mojo came back this afternoon.  I made some Coconut and honey popcorn (oh so easy to make) and some Coconut and golden syrup cookies (both used coconut oil, which apparently is the new big superfood).



Well, that is all for me for now!

Off to do some more stitching and some blog reading.

hugs, 


24 comments:

Brigitte said...

Good that your stitching mojo is still with you - two new starts is always a good thing, I think, lol. I never count my WIPs I just love them and can't have enough. Your started two very nice projects and I'm looking forward to seeing more of them.
Sorry to hear that your father has problems with his health.

butterfly said...

Sorry to hear about your father .
Looks and sounds like you are so busy too.
Love your new wips the last one is so pretty love it .
The popcorn looks so yummy .
Love your rose , take care sweet friend and when your ready your mojo will come back .

Anthea said...

Hi Kaye, stitching mojo is more important that blogging mojo...
The two new projects look great...

Annette-California said...

So sorry to hear about your dad! Ebony & ivory wip is beautiful. Love your fabric & colour selections. Your other new start is pretty. Lovely stitching. Having roses in bloom sure makes taking a stroll out in your garden wonderful. love Annette

Justine said...

Sorry to hear about your father's health. I hope you are finding peace and comfort in your stitching. A short break from blogging means more to show when you post! I love both your new starts and the colours you chose for Ebony and Ivory are gorgeous! I'll be singing that song all day now. ..

Justine said...

Sorry to hear about your father's health. I hope you are finding peace and comfort in your stitching. A short break from blogging means more to show when you post! I love both your new starts and the colours you chose for Ebony and Ivory are gorgeous! I'll be singing that song all day now. ..

Vickie said...

I am sorry your father is suffering. I am praying.♥
Ebony and Ivory is lovely so far.
Yum, yum!

gracie said...

Keeping you and your dad in my thoughts. You have 2 ambitious projects to keep you busy! Yum with the popcorn....

Margaret said...

Sorry to hear about your father. Lots of good thoughts and prayers for him and for you too. Love your WIPs. They are so pretty!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Sorry to hear that your father is poorly now. I hope they can help him feel better soon.
Great progress on Ebony & Ivory and the contrast of the bright colours in Lilli's design.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Hi, dear Kaye!
I am sorry That your father has worse health, hope to be better!
Your new beginnings are beautiful, I wish you joy of them!
Tusal container is great:-)

Bea said...

Kaye, so sorry to hear your dad is having health problems. I hope it turns out to be not very serious.

None of us can resist new starts, although I am trying (being the operative word) to make this a work on WIPs year. Ebony and Ivory is lovely - great floss choices! Really like the winter one as well.

Your popcorn and cookies look yummy! Do you ship? LOL

Take care.

Christine M said...

Both projects are going to be lovely, Kaye. I hope your father's health picks up.

Raewyn said...

It's hard to get that balance between blogging and stitching right at times. Looks like you had a productive Friday night, with two very nice projects. Plus your baking looks delicious! Best wishes for your father's health.

Frances said...

I've missed your lively posts and comments, and hope you'll be back "in the swing of things" soon. So sorry to hear your father is ill and wish him health.
Your stitching is lovely and colors are great!
I love those hot air balloons--looks like so much fun!

Stitching Noni said...

Kaye, I am so sorry to hear about your Dad's health.... :o(
I no exactly how you feel with regards to blogging... I am been the same - after spending all day on a computer at work I can't always face typing any more when I get home... so I am way way behind on everything blog related!

Your new starts are beautiful :o) Good to see that your stitching mojo is in full swing!
Take care... you and your loved ones are in my thoughts ♥
Hugs xx

Maria said...

I can relate to the blogging mojo. I find it is a real effort to sit down and do a post BUT I do love my blogging friends.
You are working on two lovely new projects Kaye. Will be lovely to see them finished.
Do hope your Das health improves soon.

Barb said...

Don't feel bad about your blogging mojo. I think that happens to all of us. Your WIPS are just wonderful. I will keep your dear father in my prayers.

Linda said...

Lovely starts Kaye. You have a pretty yard.
I've missed reading your posts. Hope you start blogging more again.

Linda

cucki said...

Sorry to hear about your father .
Looks and sounds like you are so busy too.
Love your new wips ....so cute..
take care sweet friend Xx big hugs xx

Mii Stitch said...

Sorry Kaye to read about your dad.
Don't worry about the blog, just take time away sorting everything out, we'll be there when you return with plenty of stitching news! Love your wips, they are all so pretty xx

rosey175 said...

o no, sorry about your father! I hope he gets to feeling better.

I understand about the blogging! It is so hard to keep up with posting but life happens. Stitchy mojo is more important anyway. Jour d'hiver is such a cute new start, too.

Josie said...

Hi Kaye.... :o) I agree with Anthea... stitching mojo is most important. Without it there'd be no blog. Enjoy stitching your new projects... love the Christmas one.. I'm so sorry to hear that your dads health is causing concern. Life can certainly throw you curve balls when you least expect it. Try to keep your chin up... plant those roses and if all else fails... find a quiet corner and cuss till your hearts content. Works for me ;o) Take care of yourself.....xxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching! Hope you've gotten your blogging mojo back :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...