About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Saturday, 12 November 2016

The Lookout.... Kangaroo Island

When I booked the accommodation for our Kangaroo Island trip, I just did it via a website, crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.  It sounded good, the pictures looked nice, so all should be well, I hoped.

Well, the website pictures did not do The Lookout full justice. The accommodation, its gardens and its view across the Back Passage (yes, that is what the strip of water separating Kangaroo Island from mainland Australia is called) to Australia were all stunning. Plus, our hostess Sandy was the sweetest, most generous person who truly made us feel welcome.

Anyway, a picture paints a thousand words - so let me show you..... 























































Thank you, Sandy, for a wonderful stay at The Lookout.

Next post I will show you some of the actual island, 

hugs, 

10 comments:

butterfly said...

Wow thanks for sharing these lovely photos , you must have had a fab time.

Anthea said...

Isn't it so good when something turns out to be even better than you hoped?! Great pics Kaye!

KimM said...

Holy cow! Stunning, Kaye!! It looks too good to be true.
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Well, that's 52,000 words worth there! Did you eat any of the eggs from the hens?

Bea said...

Oh my goodness, what a gorgeous spot! I'm glad it was better than you thought. Such beautiful gardens and a welcoming place to return to at the end of each day.

Margaret said...

It all looks marvelous! Was this an inn of some sort? A Bed and Breakfast? And the landscape. Wonderful!!

I am said...

beautiful pics Kaye,what a lovely place .

Ariadne said...

Breathtaking photos!Wonderful place!AriadnefromGreece!

Brigitte said...

Such a wonderful place to stay ...

Heather said...

Gorgeous photos it looks very relaxing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...