Monday 21 November 2016

Weekend Roundup ..... FNSI, IHSW and the HTC....

Now, I sort of extended my weekend to start on Thursday, as we were going to the Heidelberg Theatre Company - HTC - on Friday night.  So, here is what went on each day:

Thursday:

 I stitched for Friday Frolics ..... which counts towards Friday Night Sew In (FNSI).  

I did a stash dive and found this sweet stitch languishing in my pile of UFOs/WIPs.



Now, this is where I was up to, and I cannot find anywhere on this blog, my main blog, any reference to when I stitched this last (most remiss of me!).

Update: With some "forensic" research and the realisation that I had mislabelled my earlier FF post on this design (I put "Singin' in the Rain" instead of "Singin' in the Spring" Duh!), I discovered that the last time I stitched on this piece was 22nd January, 2016 and that I blogged about it on Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics blog, not this one.)

Anyway, this is where I was up to before this week's FF ....



.... and here is what I achieved for FF.....


Isn't that a sweet singin' birdie?

Now, if you want to see what everyone else got up to, please click on the following links...



Friday:

Only a little bit of stitching and knitting happened as I had visitors for lunch and then it was out to dinner at Zein's Authentic , where I had the most delicious garfish dish.....



..... before seeing "One man, two guvnors" at the HTC.  Oh, the play was so much fun!


About the play

One easily-confused and ever-ravenous Francis Henshall finds himself a minder of two men, a gangster and a criminal in hiding, both of whom are linked in a web of schemes, extortions and romantic associations. To prevent discovery Francis must keep his two guvnors apart at all costs. But it’s tricky. Mistaken identities, cross dressing and multiple mishaps soon coalesce to engulf him in pandemonium.

This internationally-acclaimed smash hit is a glorious celebration of British comedy. It has a wonderful mix of satire, slapstick and witty one liners.

NOTESHOW IS SOLD OUT!

Source: http://htc.org.au/index.html

The whole experience was enhanced by the inclusion of a live skiffle band.


I can tell you, we laughed and laughed throughout the whole play. It was a great finish to the 2016 season.


Saturday:

Another very busy day: in the morning TraderVic and I went to visit my dear Dad in his new nursing home.  He seemed in really good spirits and kept telling me how much he liked the food there and how nice the nurses are.  So, that is a really good sign that he is settling in well.

                                          

He is looking so much better already.

[Update: a few people have made very kind comments about the quilt on Dad's bed.  Well, it is the quilt I made for my mother's 80th birthday in 2002. It had sat on their bed as a decorative quilt ever since; so I thought that we should take it to the nursing home to brighten up Dad's room.]

Then TraderVic and I had to do some stuff at Dad's house and then it was home for a rest because that evening we were going to a friend's home to play ....


None of us could draw very well but that didn't stop us having lots of fun!


Sunday:

Another busy day, first off it was coffee with my sweet friend, Marie (I still can't walk very far on this broken toe) and then it was off to visit an elderly family friend in hospital.  She is a wonder, she gets everywhere by public transport and is an active support of the Arts, but unfortunately, she broke her kneecap in the city the week before last.  

So, I took her some roses from my garden and sat and did a bit of stitching while I had a long chat with her and kept her company.  


Witchy remedy by Silver Creek Samplers from JCS Halloween Ornie Mag 2011



You can read more about my stitching history of this piece on the this blog post from Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics....


After my hospital visiting, I dropped by my dear friend Lisa's house, to help her set up some christmas decorations for our upcoming Book Club Christmas Dinner which she is hosting (we are having it catered) and then we drank some celebratory bubbly in her spa!  What a lovely way to spend the afternoon.

That evening, it was a light dinner for TraderVic and I (poached eggs on toast) and we had a bit of a The Walking Dead marathon, as we have been binge watching the earlier seasons (which we had already seen when they were first aired) concurrently with watching Season 7.  Now, I was happy about this as it gave me lots of stitching time and I made more great progress on Singin' in the Spring.


Coming along nicely, I think.

Ooops, I nearly forgot, I managed to squeeze in some knitting on DD's London Blanket, too.  

So, overall, a successful Friday Frolics/FNSI/IHSW and ....



.... in all a very busy weekend all around but not for some... Furio loved having a nap on this old quilt.....




Remember, if you wish to check out what everyone else has done for this SALs, click on the following links....






hugs, 

11 comments:

KimM said...

Geez Louise! You've been very busy. I'm happy to see your sweet father is settling in to his new surroundings.
xxx

Barb said...

Great stitching and what a super week-end you had! Hope the toe is getting better!

Mini said...

Lovely stitching and a busy weekend. Good to hear that your father is liking the new place.

Vickie said...

Kaye I am so happy to hear your father is doing well in his new home thus far. His quilt is lovely!

Linda said...

Lots of lovely progress and stitching Kaye. Sounds like you had a great weekend.

Linda

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Haha, laughing at the misnaming of the Spring project. It is very pretty though.
Your Dad looks very happy in his new home, love the quilt on the bed.
The play does sound very British farce in its plot.

Bea said...

You were busy! I'm so pleased your Dad is settling in and feels comfortable in his new surroundings. Your Spring stitch is lovely and great progress. The theatre outing sounds like loads of fun - nothing like laughter to make you feel good.

Sarah in Stitches said...

What a great weekend! Lots of friends, lots of stitching...and I just love both quilts in this post! :D

Stitching Noni said...

Wow! You have been so busy.... great stitching progress on Singin in the Spring; love your finish too :o) So pleased to see your Dad is settling into his new space. Hope that foot is starting to improve!
Hugs xx

Brigitte said...

A great update on your weekend, Kaye. With lots of stitching and good food and great entertainment. And the best being the news that your Dad is settling in and that he likes his new home. I'm so glad for him.

Heather said...

Nice update it looks like you had fun!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...