Friday 23 March 2018

A mayonnaise lesson....

Following on from my last post .... Beautiful Begonias ..... I do need to finish boring telling you all about our trip to Ballarat on the Labour Day long weekend.

Here is what else I did:

Visited a Stitchery show with my aunt and her Swiss cousin, where my aunt bought me this very sweet armchair pincushion and floss catcher/scissor holder:


.... and here is just a sample of some of the beautiful stitchery that we saw.







I went to "visit" Dad at The Australian Ex-Prisoners of War Memorial....



We went for a Chinese buffet for dinner on Saturday night where I saw this great mural on the wall.


I explored the cathedral....





... and my beloved Uncle Ron gave me and my cousin (his daughter), a mayonnaise lesson.....










... and here we are with my finished product!


 The mayonnaise is delicious and now I am a convert to making my own.

So, that's a wrap for our Ballarat trip...



hugs, 

P.S.Don't forget my giveaway, click on the pic below if you would like to enter. Closes March 31st.




9 comments:

Brigitte said...

The stitchery you saw at the shop is exquisite. And such a lovely gift from your aunt.
Homemade mayonnaise is just delicious and always beats the bought one.

Mary said...

Kaye, The floss and scissor holder comes in so handy, I use mine all the time. The sewing chests in the shop are just exquisite! The visit to the Memorial must have been such an emotional experience for you. THe cathedral is beautiful, and I always enjoy seeing the beautiful stained glass.

Anything homemade is better than store bought I find and certainly with mayo!

geeky Heather said...

Holy shamoley, that casket with the peacock is amazing!! How fun to get a mayonnaise lesson! =D Does it taste better than store-bought?

butterfly said...

Great post , love the photos .
Mayonnaise looks yummy.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Beautiful meeting with family!
Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Wonderful time with family and some beautiful stitching too.

Margaret said...

Those embroidered cabinets are amazing! Making your own mayonnaise -- wow!

Bethan said...

Looks like you've had a great time. The gift from your Aunt is such a great idea - would save me from leaving needles and threads everywhere!! x

Stitching Noni said...

Oh my goodness... that mayonnaise recipe looks like the one my grandmother and my mum used to make... it is delicious:)
That stitching you saw is stunning!
Looks like you had a lovely trip to Ballarat :)
Hugs x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...