Thursday 29 March 2018

Vikings are here!

.... at Melbourne Museum, that is....

I had to work last evening (it was the AGM) but the bonus was that afterwards we all got a private viewing of the new Vikings Exhibition and oh, it was so fabulous.  Here is a taste of what I saw....



Stunning jewellery .... (I took many more pics but these are some of my favourites)



 



Lots of screens with wonderful Nordic images...





These are rivets from a Viking ship, hung to outline the shape of the ship.




There were also lots of more interactive displays....








You can lift this Viking sword to test its weight and balance (but you actually can't swing it around, luckily!).


.... and I will just leave you with Furio looking forlornly as I left for the AGM, saying "What are you going to work for now?  When you should be reading this book with me!"


Well, that is all from me.  Please come back tomorrow to join in the fun for the 
Easter Treasure Hunt Blog Hop 2018.

hugs, 



P.S.Don't forget my giveaway, click on the pic below if you would like to enter. Closes March 31st - only two days left to enter.





8 comments:

Kay said...

I have always loved history and enjoy very much going to museums to see things like this. x

dianne said...

this same exhibit was in our museum last year and we went twice because there was so much to see - including live actors telling
Nordic tales - it IS an awesome thing!!!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Great exhibition,anything Viking fascintes me.We were invaded so many times,there is a rich history here in the uk and always something new to learn.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Nice museum, thank you for sharing!
Hugs!

deb said...

That looks like an incredible exhibit! (you work in a museum? very cool!)

Bethan said...

How wonderful to have a private viewing! Thanks for sharing your images - it looks fascinating x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a wonderful exhibition, it all looks very interesting.

Brigitte said...

I love this kind of exhibition about historical themes. This one must be so very interesting. Thanks for sharing all the pictures.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...