Saturday 29 September 2018

Getting ready for a Christmas Ornie Finishing Frenzy....

Just a quick post today (Update: which has somehow taken me two days to get posted - go figure!)

I am getting ready for doing some FFOing on some of the many, many, many Christmas ornies I have stitched but not fully finished over the past few years. So, after a quick trip down to Darn Cheap Fabrics in Heidelberg, I am ready to go!

Here are all of the goodies: pellon, pins, glue sticks and trims.


White pom pom trim, red and green ricrac and some more of the lovely pearl beaded ribbon that I have used successfully before.


... and, of course, I had to buy some more red pompom trim.


Then I found this gorgeous green trim with varying sizes of green beads on it - this could work on some projects, I thought.


I bought five wheels of pins for finishing as well, although I do wish that there were more green and gold ones in a multi-coloured wheel.


 Lastly I found this white, pleated with tiny seed pearls trim - not sure how I will use it yet but I think it will work on something.


After all that trim shopping, I rewarded myself with a chicken caesar salad and a poppy and onion bagel - yum - for lunch.


hugs, 

P.S. Yesterday I had bit of a marathon stitching day for Friday Frolics, click here to check out what WIP I picked to stitch on.

11 comments:

RJ said...

What a great day of shopping Kaye. I love all the trims you purchased. I especially love the ones that have the added beads. I can't wait to see how you use them. Looks like a great lunch too...I'm a big bagel fan and that one looks really good. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

MartinaM said...

Yes, you have to think early on Christmas, I should also grow so nice tapes, at the moment I have hardly anything myself.
Especially the white with the pearls I like very much.
Greetings, Martina

Linda said...

Love all your trims Kaye. I so wish I could do finishing.

Linda

Brigitte said...

Your trim shopping spree shows great results. I'm so so curious to see how your use all the new trims on your Dorneis.

Brigitte said...

Kaye, I saw the new post in the Friday Frolics blog but I can't comment there as the comment section is embedded.I can only comment in this pop-up windows. Sorry.

Margaret said...

I love seeing all the trims you've gathered up for your finishing frenzie! Everything looks great!

rosey175 said...

What a delicious-looking reward for all that hard trim shopping! I like the fancy beaded options.

Julie said...

Lovely selection of trims you chose.
Nice foody treat
X

Astrids dragon said...

Oooh, look at all those finishing goodies! That should keep you busy for a while.
Your lunch looks delicious!

Bethan said...

Lots of lovely trims! I can't wait to see how you use them for your FFO-ing x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What lovely trims, looking forward to seeing the finally finished objects!

Buying finishing materials is almost a hobby in itself!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...