Wednesday 17 October 2018

Gifted Gorgeousness_October 2018 Update


After not posting for GG since June!!!!! I finally have an assorted range of goodies to show you.


(Click on the pic above to find out what Gifted Gorgeousness is all about)

First up is this gorgeous Elephant Baby Sampler that I am stitching for my dear friend Marie's (of Sunday walks around Princes Park fame) DD1, who has just had her first baby.... a little boy, Sebastian David....


Isn't he a darling little baby?



Next, I have these wonderful gifts sent to by my dear stitchy friend, Mia from Craftartista.


Some lovely Anchor and DMC floss...


Two pairs of sweet earrings...



Some hot chocolate (which meant that the parcel was opened by Customs to check it out)...

Some wooden cross stitch pieces ...



I was also lucky enough to win a prize in the raffle at a Spring Carnival evening I went to a week or so ago ....



(There were actually two packets of chocolate biscuits plus a bag of chocolate-covered liquorice as well but I gave them to my dear friend Lisa's mother, Barbara, who loves chocolate - the Spring Carnival evening was held at her Nursing Home - it was a wild night, started at 5.30pm and I was home by 7.30pm - lol!)

 "Speaking" of Barbara, I was helping Lisa clean out her mother's house (it has been sold to enable her to move into the nursing home) and I managed to score Barbara's buttons. This ice cream container was full of buttons but I managed to fit them nicely into this Twinings tea tin.






There were a couple of extra small containers of buttons, too....
....so they went into this tin.

This is my entire button collection now.....

My favourite tin is the one on the right, which show Collins St, Melbourne c1960s, I think by the design of the cars.

Well, that is all from me for now, 

you can check out the other GGers by clicking on the pic below.


hugs, 
                          

15 comments:

DJ said...

Wow!! What a haul! I love old buttons too, you sure lucked out! Your friends baby is too precious, I'll be watching your birth sampler as you stitch it!

Barb said...

That is going to be a lovely gift to celebrate the birth of that darling little baby. Wow! You made a real haul with all those wonderful buttons!

Elfie said...

How lucky to get custody of your friend's buttons. I am another button lover. I have se eral small boxes and a couple of big preserving jars full of buttons. Any chance I get I burrow around in them. You've made a good start on the birth sampler.

Joy from Days Filled With Joy said...

Such a lovely bunch of gifts!! I collect tins.. so I love all the ones you have there! I'm pretty sure I have some Twinings ones.. somewhere... :) xx

Julie said...

Lovely selction of tins holding your button collection.
I've got a liking for the mint Lindt, first time I've tried it recently... yum yum!
He's a sweetheart.

jhm said...

I love the Twinnings tin. I've never seen anything like that. Are they common over there?

Christine said...

What great gifts. I love all your different button tine

Linda said...

Love the buttons Kaye. I have 2 mayonnaise jars full of buttons that were my Mom's and her Mom. Some have to be over a hundred years old. Great stitching.

Linda

Aurelia Eglantine said...

Our family has always kept button tins too, they are such magical things! I remember being fascinated with them when I was very small, spending hours sifting through all the colours and patterns. Even now, when I open a tin looking for one specific button, I end up spending happy time sorting through old favourites - and it seems that there's something new every time I look LOL I love your tins, especially the old one with the castle :) Good luck with the birth sampler, I'm sure your friend will love it!

FlashinScissors said...

Wow, super gifts from Mia!
Great start on the cute sampler for the even cuter little guy.
What a collection of buttons ..... whatever will you do with them? Of course I have a similar sized collection..... can’t see me ever using them!
Love the tins, and oooh, biscuits and drinking chocolate, lovely!
A great month!
Hugs,
Barbara xx

Mia said...

I am so glad you received your package, Kaye. Enjoy your goodies, my dear friend. I picked up everything just for you. Cushion, bag back and earring are handmade by me. And I am sure that you will love greek coffee!!!
Hugs from Greece, my friend. Many many kisses, Mia.

Astrids dragon said...

Awe, he IS a darling little boy! How sweet you're stitching a sampler for him.
You received a lovely package, and yummy treats too!
Wow, look at all those buttons, great tins for them.

Ariadne said...

So nice for you to receive something from Greece!Mind you that's not a hot chocolate drink that's Greek coffee. AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. What an adorable baby, he definitely deserves a lovely sampler.
The buttons are fabulous, you should stitch some of them into a memory piece, maybe as blossom on a tree? I saw a lovely one recently with stitched branches and lots of different white buttons sewn on.

rosey175 said...

When a parcel is opened for inspection, do they taste the products too? o my!

Love all the buttons. When I was back visiting with my grandmother, she gave me her button tin. And button jar. And button envelopes (she had them separated by color family). I love going through them!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...