Sunday 26 October 2014

Daytrip to Daylesford Part One.....

Well, the birthday celebrations continue.... yesterday, my dear friend Marie (of Sunday walks around Princes Park fame) took me to Daylesford (a very pretty spa town in the Macedon Ranges about one and a half hours from Melbourne) for the day to do some antiquing and then lunch at the Convent Gallery.

We set off about 9am but the husbands set off at 6.30 to play golf at a country course nearby, then to meet us for lunch.

The place we went to do the antiquing was called The Amazing Mills Markets  and was a huge barn of a place with hundreds of stalls with everything sort of old and vintage item you could think of.  It was a treasure trove just perfect for exploring.

Here is some of what we saw ... ...





I love this Dickens plate - it makes an appearance later.


This is a 1950s bakelite teapot with its own padded carry bag to keep the tea hot!


... this has to be one of the ugliest things I have ever seen....


I had to laugh at the "That 70s stall"....



Look, a JVC ball TV set from the 1970s....


Isn't this a pretty tea set?



.... and I thought this Bovril plate was interesting.


... and another pretty set of tea plates.



So, this is what I bought (TraderVic's early Christmas presents to me - he was happy, now he doesn't have to stress about what to buy me this year!)

A jar of speciality buttons (not my Christmas present) but a bargain at $8 I thought.


... So, the Dickens plate was one of my Christmas present purchases....



 But my main present is this gorgeous Royal Winton Jewellery Box, it is a special edition piece and I just love it!  It is part of the range which my mother's Royal Winton tea pot is part of.



Here they are together.


It also matches my Royal Winton "Tea" quilt (which one day I will finish quilting).


Marie was successful in her purchases, too.  I can see that we will be going back there one day soon.

All that antiquing was hard work!  So, it was off to lunch we went.  But that will be next post.

Have a good Sunday,

hugs,


19 comments:

Christine M said...

Lovely buys, Kaye. Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I do love your Dickens plate.

marina said...

looks like heaven to me!
your purchases are so pretty.

Bev C said...

Hello Kaye,

What a wonderful place to visit and purchase from.Enjoy your early Christmas present.

Happy days.
Bev.

Barb said...

What a delightful way to celebrate your birthday!! Great purchases!

Maggee said...

I LOVE places like that! We have one or two only... I laughed when I saw the '1980's reproduction' piece! Hello? That's not OLD! It didn't need to be reproduced! Maybe they made a mistake and reversed the numbers! You did good with your purchases! Thanks for sharing your birthday! Hugs!

Linda said...

Looks like a person could spend alot of money in there. I love your purchases.

Linda

Margaret said...

Looks like my kind of day! Thanks for sharing your purchases and your exploring with us!

Annette-California said...

Gorgeous jewelry box. What a fun morning of shopping. Looking forward to part 2:) love Annette

Ruth said...

Congrats on a very successful adventure and excellent Christmas shopping. :) That swan... wow hat was quite..errr..... something.

Sarah in Stitches said...

So much fun! I love antiquing. There's a similar place where my mom's from in North Carolina, just this giant old barn set up with different stalls. I love walking around it. Can't wait to see more of your day! :D

gracie said...

Love your special gifts...sounds like you had a wonderful time.

Ariadne said...

What a great place to visit!I would have loved to visit it too!I visited something similar in the States!AriadnefromGreece!

cucki said...

Wow love your purchases so much
Such lovely fun day xx

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye ,I love that place as well ,so many treasures in every nook and cranny,lol,so glad you had a wonderful day and I love your early Xmas gifts,lol xx

Vickie said...

ooOoo! Great fun. I love going antiquing.

Shirlee said...

What a fun shop! I must admit I love that pretty tea set & also the Dickens plate : ) So glad you had such a great time!

butterfly said...

What a lovely post Kaye I love all china the ones you brought yourself are very pretty .
Thanks for sharing.

Denise SA said...

Lovely finds and that quilt is gorgeous

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great place to lose a few hours! You bought some beautiful pieces. I love the ball TV but I have to say I have seen many things more ugly than that peacock. I grew up in 1970s England in a town firmly stuck in the 1950s post war austerity years.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...