Wednesday 17 February 2021

People's Choice SAL - Birds

On the first Saturday of the month is time for the People's Choice SAL hosted by the gorgeous Jo, the hostess with the mostest from Serendipitous StitchingThank you, dear Jo for hosting this SAL each month, although I must admit that I rarely take part but I do enjoy seeing what everyone has stitched or posted about for this SAL.  Each month there is a different theme.

This month's theme is. BIRDS

I have two confessions to make re this SAL for this month:

1. I am very late with this post - lol!

2. When I first saw the theme for February 2021, I thought Birds? I don't stitch anything with birds on it.  But, boy was I wrong! 

One of the projects I was currently stitching had two birds on it and when I went to my pile of finished stitching (but not FFOed yet), what did I find?  Yep, you guessed it... Birds, Birds, Birds!

So, do you wanna see my flock of birds?  

First up is this very cute Galah design which was sent to me by the lovely Jo herself!

The following are all at random and where I can remember the designer I have added it but sometimes I cannot just remember - sorry! I will try to update if I start to remember - lol!

Christmas Goose by Stacey Nash.

Unknown: Update: Probably the Drawn Thread, "Spot of Spring"

Unknown:

Blackbird Designs (I think):

Unknown: 

Unknown:


Unknown: Update: Probably Blackbird Designs


Unknown:

Summer Garden by LHN:


Blackbird Designs:



Unknown: Update: Probably The Snowflower Diaries


A freebie from La Comtesse de la point de croix


Days 1, 2, 3, 4, 6 and 7 of Prairie Schoolers Santa's 12 Days of Christmas:
  



And, lastly, here is my Happy Dance, Tulip Heart (not sure that I will finish it as a heart, though), a freebie which you can find here designed by Angela from My Happy Memories - she has a few lovely freebies on her blog, so definitely worth checking out. I stitched this for the Winter Challenge on Needlecraft Haven.

The fabric is an unknown 28ct overdyed pink fabric and I used a mixture of GAST and Threadworx variegated threads.



Please click here if you want to see who else showcased Birds this month.


But before I go, I did want to remind you to check out my 1000th Post Giveaway

which I would love you to enter.

Stay safe and well, my dear friends.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat.

hugs, 

11 comments:

LCP said...

Love all the birds. Still working on chickens here.

butterfly said...

Some cute stitching there Kaye , how many Wips have you got on the go.
Great post.

Mary said...

Kaye, I love all your birdy stitches!!! Each and every one! Thanks for the link to La Contessa, Just printed out so many sweet patterns!! Have a wonderful day. Mary

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. Everyone has more birds than they think!
Two of the unknowns are Drawn Thread, Spot of Spring and a Snowflower Diary freebie. I could track down the others given some time on my laptop and Google Images LOL
I love that last freebi, it's the one Christine sent in for the Valentine's Blog Hop!

Barb said...

Isn't it funny how you thought you didn't really have birds. I think the same thing would happen to me. I enjoyed all the birds and other things as well!

Clare-Aimetu said...

A great collection, it's amazing how birds appear in so many designs, they seem to be used as motif fillers quite often. Thank you for taking part in our Winter Challenge at Needlecraft Haven.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

It's surprising how many designs have birds included. You certainly have a great selection of them.

Carol said...

Wow! So many pretty bird stitchings, Kaye! I love stitching bird-themed pieces and really need to get back to the Cottage Garden Samplings Song Bird series again. I've only managed 2 of the 12, but they take so long to stitch! Enjoy your day!

Mary's Thread said...

What a great many lovely birds you have there! I recognize 2 of your unknowns...You are So Blessed is from Snowflower Diaries. And the horizontally oriented bluebird with the blue frame and pink flowers and pink K I am thinking is also a BBD called Bluebird, but was charted monochrome. But my favorites are you Galah birds from Jo! They are so fun!

Pamela said...

Wow! So many great birds!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you have quite the flock of birds! They are all so sweet, but I like how the first one is spreading it's wing.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...