Thursday 11 February 2021

Fully Finished Gallery SAL_February 2021 Update

 It is that time of the month again - time to show off my Fully Finished Objects...


                                       

 Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This is a great SAL, designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed or in my case, in a drawer! The idea is to link up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month)..... 

So, how did I go this month - pretty good, I think with SIX FFOs!

#1:  "Santa's Sleigh Ride" by JBW Designs, which I finished stitching in February, 2018.  I finished it a a long pillow using this cute oversized check or plaid fabric in matching colours to the stitching. I found the fabbie in my stash.





#2: "Well behaved Women" by Lizzie Kate, which I finished stitching less than a month ago. I finished this as a large cushion, again using fabric from my stash.




#3: "Winter Saltbox" by Pinker n Punkin Quilting.  I used my favourite white pom pom trim and another favourite, a blue and white snowflake fabric for the back.





#4 and #5: Horse and Candelabra from "A Christmas in Scandinavia" by Gazette 94. I used some more of my white pompom trim and this very nice red and white spot fabric.




#6: Is "Poinsettia" by Pinochka, which I finished only a few days ago.  I am so thrilled with this finish.  I'm not a very confident finisher and I feel that I often struggle with ideas and this one was a ROUND design - aggghh!!!!!  Nevertheless, I took my courage in both hands and give it a good old go!  And this is the result....  I am so proud of it!


I used the centre of a spool of ribbon as the frame and laced it to one side. Then I glued some of this very cute mistletoe felt, which I found as a scrap in my fabric stash.


Then I found this matching mistletoe ribbon in my ribbon and trim stash and then sewed red pompom trim on both front and back.



Then I fastened the ribbon to the spool with a staple!  lol!


So chuffed with how it all turned out!


If you want to see what the other Fully Finishers got up to in February- please check them out HERE.

But before I go, I did want to remind you to check out my 1000th Post Giveaway

which I would love you to enter.


Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 

8 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a super collection of finishes, I like the idea of using a ribbon spool, I have a draw full of boxes and other objects ready to be used for a finish. A lovely selection of finishing fabrics too.

Suzanne H said...

Congratulations on all your finishes this month! I love how you used the ribbon spool to finish the Poinsettia. Terrific idea! I'll have to start saving my empty ones. I love pom pom trim too. You have great fabric in your stash. Well done!

Mary's Thread said...

You've been busy to finish so much! They all look great!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on your pillows, the pom-pom trim is so sweet.
Using the ribbon spool is pure genius! I must try that too.

Mary - Lecoeurceltique said...

These are all lovely finishes.

Christine M said...

Lovely finishes, Kaye.

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in again this month! All of your finishes are lovely and made with perfectly coordinating fabrics. I have a few ribbon spools hanging around but would never have thought of using the cardboard as the internal frame of an ornie - something else to add to the 'may come in useful one day' collection! :)

Astrids dragon said...

So many fantastic finishes! I really like how Santa's Sleigh Ride turned out.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...