Monday 18 January 2021

Fully Finished Gallery SAL_January 2021 Update

Hello all, sorry to be so very late with my FFO post for January 2021 (it should have been posted on January 10 and here we are - eight days later!!!!), but since this is actually the first one that I have posted since March last year, I am actually pretty chuffed that I am posting it!

 

Hosted by Rachel the Ten Hour Stitcher

This is a great SAL, designed to motivate us all to do something with that box of Finished pieces instead of just storing them under the bed or in my case, in a drawer! The idea is to link up on Rachel's blog on or after the 10th of each month (10 Hour Stitcher - 10th of the month)..... 

Now, don't worry, I am not going to show you all my finishes since March last year but I will show you some of my favourites.  

#1 In November, I FFOed this gorgeous ornament from one of my old Just CrossStitch Christmas Ornament Mags - I've been searching but I can't find which one - when I do, I will update you all.  This was actually stitched at the start of 2020.




#2 was also from a JCS Christmas Ornie Mag.




I am very happy with my fussy cut of the Angel on the back but I do wish that I had given it a good brush before I took the pic - lol!


#3, another one from a  JCS Christmas Ornie Mag.  This one is from 2001 and the designer is Earth Threads (whom I had never heard from before) but isn't it a cute design?



#4 and #5 are the same design but personalised for my two cats (Milo - sadly now deceased - and Furio).
A dear GF lent me the pattern but for the life of me I cannot remember the name of the designer 🙃.   Update: Thanks to dear Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, I can now tell you that the designer is Brittercup Designs. 



#6 is also from JCS Christmas Ornie Mag 2001 (you can tell that there is a bit of a theme with the JCS Christmas Ornie mags, can't you? lol!)



#7 is the hand embroidery on this very cute Peter Rabbit quilt (a good friend kindly did the quilting for me) for a friend's baby (pictured).




#8 is a freebie from PinkernPunkin Quilting and Stitching called "Christmas Barn". You can find it here.  She has a whole series of them called "Barnyard Christmas". Just scroll down on the post to find the links. These are so cute and just great Smalls, I plan to stitch more.




#9 is from the 2020 JCS Christmas Ornie Mag, isn't the caravan cute?





#10 Is this very cute little Elf which I found on Pinterest and finished him with a cute Christmas tree button and a tartan bow.



For #1,  I chose this rather sweet design by Nikki Leeman from Country Cottage Needleworks (CCN) called "Visions of Sugar Plums" from, you guessed it, JCS Christmas Ornie Mag, 2009. The first pic is the image from the magazine but you can see that I changed it a little as I placed the phrase "Sugar Plums" above the "lacework".  The reason for this is quite simple - I am an idiot!  I made a fundamental mistake from stitch one by not centreing my stitching correctly - Aaagghh!  However, I think that I have overcome the error and with the help of one of my favourite ribbons (pink with red dots) and a gorgeous backing fabric, I have produced a pretty ornament.  Oh, and I also changed the pink in the rug and the wording for a deeper pink.





... and lastly, #12 is a Prairie Schooler design from Book #177 "January". 



So, that is it for me - twelve projects finished this post - over several months, of course! lol!

If you want to see what the other Fully Finishers got up to in January - please check them out here.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 



P.S. I meant to remind you all that I am having a Giveaway - you can check out all the details by clicking on the picture below.





6 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

A super collection of finishes, lovely designs and great backing fabric too. The Quilt looks very much appreciated.

butterfly said...

Oh my Kaye what lovely ornaments .
You have been busy over the winter .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Fantastic finishing! Love all the ornaments, JCS is such a good resource!
The cats are by Brittercup Designs if you haven't already found that out.

Bethan said...

Oh wow! Lots of amazing finishes - I love the ones of your cats in particular! x

Rachel said...

Thank you for joining in and showing lots and lots of gorgeous FFOs. But go ahead and show more if you've got more... the more the better!
With little ornies I love looking at the backing fabrics as much as the stitching, and you've chosen some perfect ones. I also love the use of little buttons and charms in the corners for the stitches you've laid on top of the fabric pillows; that's an idea I might well have to copy! :)

Tiffstitch said...

Those are all great finishes! Well done getting so many FFO'd, and knowing you have many more. Hope you're staying cool down there.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...