About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Saturday, 18 October 2014

FNSI update

Hello fellow FNSIers,

What did you get up to for FNSI this month?

I stitched on this Christmas Ornie from the JCS Christmas Ornament 2014 magazine.






It is called "Home for Christmas" by Gentle Pursuit Designs and is on p. 22 of the mag.
I used 28 ct "Flax" Linen and mixed the threads up a little lot as I didn't have most of the suggested threads.  I am very pleased with how it is turning out, should get this one finished today, I think.

So, off to the Linky party to see how everyone else spent their Friday evening.

hugs,

14 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, I love Christmas!

Barb said...

A great start. I love your color choices.

Sheryl S. said...

This is a lovely design and pretty colours

Margaret said...

This is so pretty! I have to go find my magazine now. lol!

Michelle Ridgway said...

Just beautiful. I cannot stitch on linen to save my life...aida girl here so I love seeing your gorgeous work xx

Linda said...

What a cute design Kaye. I have several JCS ornament issues, but never seem to find any I like.

Linda

shez said...

Gorgeous Kaye.xx

Annette-California said...

Wow! Your ornament looks gorgeous! I love the colors you used. I have to ask, what is the colors for the mountains and the pretty trees? This one is on my to stitch list! love Annette

cucki said...

So pretty x

KimM said...

Kaye - this is so sweet - hmmmm - Christmas…..it's COMING!!! AUGH!
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I think I missed that ornie when I looked through the mag! Must go and have another look. It looks lovely.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stitching! :D

Maggee said...

That's a cute one!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely stitching! Your choice of colours is great too :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...