Saturday 28 March 2015

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL_ March update

For those of you who do not know it, here are some details about the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL, 2015, which is graciously hosted by the wonderful Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.

Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2015


Welcome to the Spookiest Blog on the Block! Each month we have a different theme. You choose your chart, fabric and threads. Share your progress as you go along and post your finished piece by the last day of the month. You can join at anytime throughout the year and choose which months you wish to stitch with us. Happy Spooky Stitching.
Each month there is a list of themes - this month's being Owls or Ravens.

THEMES FOR 2015

January - Witches
February - Skeletons
March - Owls And Crows
April - Tombstones
May - Pumpkins
June - Free Choice
July - Haunted Houses
August - Black Cats
September - Spooky Words
October - Ghosts
November - Creepy Trees
December - Free Choice

I was initially going to stitch an Owl but all the designs I found seemed just too twee to me.

Then I found this one which included a Crow from the JCS Halloween Ornament 2014 Magazine.  I had just the perfect fabric for it and off I went.

I am sorry, the photos are a bit washed out - the fabric is really quite a strong orange colour.






"Boo"
by Lindsay Lane Designs
JCS Halloween Ornament Mag 2015
p.104
Stitched using various floss on unknown 28 ct orange evenweave

Please visit the Hallowe'en Ornie SAL 2015 blog to see everyone else's spooky stitching. Or even consider signing up for next month - which is Tombstones.

hugs, 

17 comments:

Barb said...

That's a great ornament for the theme. I will definitely take a look at the blog and the posts! I love anything Halloween!

Faith... said...

That finish looks great!

butterfly said...

Boo is looking great.

Justine said...

What a great finish! You will have a spooky selection come Halloween.

CJ said...

That is a great finish and thanks for the info on the group SAL, I may join in.

CJ

Carol said...

Very cute, Kaye--it looks like it stitched up quite quickly, too, which is always nice :)

Frances said...

What a fun way to get a collection of Halloween ornaments! Your stitching is so cute!

Bea said...

That's a great ornament - love that touch of colour, it really catches your eye. I've never considered myself a Hallowe'en person, but may have to reconsider as I've seen some really great patterns being stitched.

Linda said...

Congrats on the super cute finish Kaye.

Linda

EvalinaMaria said...

It lovely, congrats on the finish! Somehow I have missed this SAL. I'll go to Jo's site and check it out. Maybe isn't to late to play with you guys.
And I noticed that you joined Linda in Sunday stitching. Me too! I'm stitching Santa's 12 days of Christmas. That's two SAL's that we are in together. Smile :) (I have to get back to that Quaker Christmas II, maybe I can finish it for Christmas?)

Stitching Noni said...

I love your March design! Gorgeous!
Hugs xx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great design, when it first appeared in my reader i thought the little house was a Tardis!
I've started my crows but I'm saving them for my train journey on Monday. I also have an owl I like as well.

AnaCristina said...

so cute! good week!

Brigitte said...

So great, this design for this month's ornie SAL.

Miamina said...

Lovely finish! Well done :)

Mii Stitch said...

I love Halloween stitching! This is spooktacular :)

Sarah in Stitches said...

This is a great little pattern! Congrats on the finish :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...