About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Wednesday, 27 January 2016

Overseas Travel stitching.....

Travelling overseas can be a great time to get some stitching done - all that time waiting around airports, flying time, travelling on the bullet train in Taiwan, sitting watching the world go by in the early morning at a resort in Borneo, you get the picture!

So, on my recent trip, I took just one new stitching project with me - Measure of the Year by Prairie Schooler (you may remember that I stitched the Summer blocks last year for an exchange, you can read about it in this post.)

I started with this:   [oh my goodness, as I was just typing that I heard a Kookaburra laugh!  He was sitting in a tree just by my deck!]


                                    

Moved along a bit to this:

and accomplished this much by the end of the trip:


Unfortunately, though, it has languished by my stitching chair since our return as other projects have taken up my time - maybe a candidate for Friday Frolics this week?

Have a good day, today everyone, 

hugs, 



20 comments:

Linda said...

Wonderful progress Kaye. Are those PS charts the ones I sent you?

Linda

Mylene said...

Just came across your blog and great pictures of your last trip.
Is it a PS design you were working on? It's beautiful.

Thoeria said...

Fantastic progress Kaye!
I tried stitching when travelling and have never been able to accomplish anything!

Heather said...

Looks great! I love taking my smaller projects with me to stitch while traveling. I'll be doing it when I go to Denver :)

Tiffstitch said...

Great progress and neat design. Also, very cool about the Kookaburra!

shez said...

Hi Kaye you do such beautiful work my friend xx

Justine said...

Lovely stitching - you achieved a lot! I much prefer to stitch at home, I find it difficult without my good lamp and comfy chair!

cucki said...

Beautiful stitching x

Mii Stitch said...

Great progress!

Vickie said...

Oh this is lovely Kaye! Yes! Friday Frolics.

Brigitte said...

This is such a wonderful project and yes, you should stitch on it for the Friday Frolics.

Sheryl S. said...

This is beautiful work, keep on with it.

Melinda Forbes said...

I love this - Every time you look at this project you will remember your wonderful vacation - Great way to keep those memories special.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Wow you made awesome progress during your travels! I always stitch when I fly!

Maggee said...

You made a lot of progress! It is looking great! Hugs!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, dear Kaye, you're working on the go!
Great!
I send greetings!
Pááá

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a gorgeous well travelled piece of stitching! When you look at it do you remember each place you were when you stitched each part?

Margaret said...

You got a lot of stitching done on your trip. Looks so pretty! Lucky you with all those movies you saw too. I want to see two of them. Don't think I could deal with The Revenant.

Bea said...

What a lovely project and such a lot of it done. Come on Kaye, pick it up again!

Sarah in Stitches said...

It's lovely! You managed to get so much done - great job! :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...