Tuesday 23 August 2016

Finally .... a Gifted Gorgeousness Post.....

.... Hallelujah!  I am finally posting for GG, after having missed July and nearly missing August!
  

If you are not sure what I am talking about.....

 Gifted Gorgeousness (or GG) is a SAL run by the wonderful SAL Mama, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  Basically, on the 15th of each month, we post anything which is stitchy gift-related.


.... but, as you can see, I am a few many, many day's late!



So, what sort of Gifted Gorgeousness have I been up over the past two months? Lots really, so here goes... in no particular order....


First up, I "gave" the gift of knitting (and the yarn, needles and pattern mag) to my DDIL last month, and within one
 week, she had finished her first scarf!


If you want to see her progress pics - check out this post and this one.

I am so thrilled that she has taken to this craft like a duck to water.

I also "gave" her the gift of Cross stitch.  I took her up a whole swag of cross stitch supplies to get her started (I thought that I had taken a photo of them but I cannot seem to find it anywhere on my phone - c'est la vie - just to let you know it was a couple of Prairie Schooler Christmas ornament designs).


She started to pick it up but not as quickly as the knitting! That will have to wait for our next visit, I think!

Okay, what is next for GG?  Let's see, I have started what I am calling a "London Blanket" for DD.  It is the same pattern and yarn as the Baby Blanket I made (you can see some pics of the finished blanket here, if you are interested) but with a greater range of colours as it needs to be bigger, naturally. Once it is finished it will be posted off to Old London Town to keep my DD warm over the English winter.


This is the colour palette which we chose together.  I think that it is going to be gorgeous when it is done!


... and here is a further progress pic - I am onto colour two now - can wait to get to the lilac soon!


and, look, it is taking me so long to write this post that I am well underway with colour two....



... the other GG project that I really want to show you is this Prairie Schooler "Baby Sampler" which I made for the baby of the baby blanket fame.




Don't you just love the red cow?

Now, I am sure that I have some other GG projects floating around but I want to get this post up and posted, so next time.

If you want to check out what everyone else got up to for GG, just click here.


hugs, 







18 comments:

Christine said...

Great knitting and the baby sampler is just adorable

Linda said...

I love the train Kaye. I must go dig my chart out. Congrats to DDIL for knitting and stitching.

Linda

Justine said...

A lovely GG update Kaye. I remembered your baby blanket. It looks stunning and I'm sure your DD's blanket will be gorgeous. You chose some lovely colours.
Congratulations to your talented DDIL too!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for (finally) taking part in GG this month. Love the red cow on the line. If your DD ventures out of London beyond the M25 she may experience this for herself!
Lovely to see your DIL learning a new craft too.

Tiffstitch said...

Love the colourway for the new blanket, especially the splashes of purples. Plus the baby gift is so cute! Definitely love the red cow.

Barb said...

Lots of great projects plus you did a a wonderful job of sharing your hobbies with your DIL. She is a fast learner!

Bea said...

Love the colours i your DD's blanket - great choices. The train is adorable and the cow certainly adds a point of interest. Your DDIL did a terrific job with her scarf - hard to believe it's her first.

Mini said...

No perfect gift than a gift of knowledge. Your DDIL is doing great with knitting. Wow that blanket will be big.

Anonymous said...

beautiful work Kaye and your DIL has done an amazing job xx

butterfly said...

Great post , love the blanket.

Carol said...

What wonderful projects, Kaye--and how nice to now have a girl in the family to share your love of knitting and stitching :) Hopefully, I will have someone like that in my family, too, someday!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Awesome projects! I love the colors you've picked for the blanket. Can't wait to see it come together! :D

Margaret said...

Fantastic! It's so great that your DIL has picked up knitting so fast! The XS will come, hopefully. Love that blanket you are making for your DD -- the colors are just lovely! Cute sampler for the baby too!

Brigitte said...

A great GG post with lots of gifts. Isn't it great to teach someone to do needlecrafts? A wonderful gift. And that knitting for your daughter already looks great, I love the colour combo that you chose.

Stitching Noni said...

Great post! It is such a wonderful thing to be able to pass on your knowledge of a craft to someone and have them enjoy it! Well done :o)
Love the yarns... they are going to look so pretty all together.
And that baby sampler is just so cute! Love the red cow! :o)
Hugs xx

Just Another Old Geezer said...

Such a cute little train great work!!
http://allcrossstitchpatterns.yolasite.com/Alphabet-Cross-Stitch-Patterns.php

Heather said...

Great projects Kaye! Lovely stitching

Sheryl said...

Gorgeous colours for the new blanket and just love the baby sampler.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...