Thursday 23 February 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness_February Update

Okay, okay, I know that I am super late for GG (AGAIN! I hear you say) but I do have a really good excuse this time!

But first, in case you do not know what I am talking about ...

Gifted Gorgeousness (or GG) is a SAL run by the wonderful SAL Mama, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  Basically, on the 15th of each month, we post anything which is stitchy gift-related.

Now, for the excuse.....

I HAVE A NEW JOB!

... and it is one that is perfect for me.  Three days a week (perfect for Work/Life balance or in my case Work/Cross Stitching balance) at the History Teachers Association of Victoria (HTAV) as an Education and Services Consultancy Officer.  Basically it is about promoting and supporting the teaching of History - right up my alley, hey?

I have been there two weeks now and loving it!

Anyway, onto some stitching now...

This is my progress pic on CCN design that I am stitching for a friend's 60th birthday.


I am stitching it on some gorgeous overdyed fabric (sorry, I have currently mislaid my notes as to the name and origin of the fabric).  I am very pleased with how this is progressing.


This is what the finished design will look like, one day soon, I hope!



If you would like to see everyone else's stitching, please click on the following links:




hugs, 

25 comments:

Linda said...

Congrats on the new job Kaye. Lovely stitching.

Linda

Julie said...

Congratulations on the new job.
Nice gift for your friend, pretty fabric you chose.

Mii Stitch said...

Congratulations on the new job and sweet update on your stitching

Justine said...

Congratulations on your new job! I have this pattern in my stash, it's gorgeous isn't it? I love your fabric choice.

Kerryp77 said...

Congrats on the new job and on Paris, it looks lovely

Vickie said...

Your new job does sound perfect for you Kaye. Congratulations!

Carol said...

I'm so happy to read about your new position, Kaye! Three days a week will be wonderful--I work 2 1/2 and I just love it. It's so nice to have time for my hobbies on my off days :)

Lovely stitching on the Paris piece...

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Congratulations on your new job Kaye,great news.
I like the design you are working on.

Cath said...

Congratulations . Hope the job goes well .xxx

deb said...

Wow, congratulations on the new job! Sounds like a great schedule. :) The Eiffel tower looks great - what a lovely gift that will be.

Kay said...

I love the Paris design. When I was much younger I spent 18 months living in France, 6 months which was in Paris. One of the reasons I love to read blogs is to find wonderful inspiration like this. x

Ariadne said...

So glad for you and your new job. So suitable for you!Enjoy it!AriadnefromGreece!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. These city designs are lovely and make a great gift.
So glad that you are enjoying the new job too.

Barb said...

Congratulations on the new job Kaye. It does sound like one you will enjoy. The stitching project is lovely and will be a wonderful gift.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Ooohh, I've always liked that design! Great start. Congratulations on the job, too! I hope you enjoy it :D

Margaret said...

Congratulations on the new job! Noticed your IG posts -- I assume from there? Anyway, great progress on your stitching!

Brigitte said...

That's definitely a great excuse for being late. Congratulations on your new job, and it sounds perfect for you - and you seem to love it. while I was still working I was always longing for a three days a week job but no such chance in my job.
Great new project, Kaye. Enjoy stitching it.

Cheryll said...

Congrats on your new job... with great progress on your project too... xox

Mini said...

Congrats on the new job.
Lovely gifts stitching.

Christine said...

Great stitching. Congratulations on the new job!

Astrids dragon said...

Congratulations on being a working girl! So glad to hear you're enjoying it.
Cute start, it's a sweet design.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Good luck in your new job !!!
Hugs!

Sheryl said...

Pretty design in progress Kaye, great news about your part time job.

Stitching Noni said...

Congratulations on the new job... and 3 days a week! woo hoo - best of both worlds - job = money for stash and stitchy time!! The role is definitely just the perfect job for you... :o)
I love your GG piece :o)
Hugs x

Heather said...

Ooo congrats!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...