Friday 26 May 2017

Sevenoaks Sewers (title to be confirmed).....

Hello lovely bloggers, 

I think that I have mentioned (at least in passing) my sewing group to you, we are tentatively called the "Sevenoaks Sewers" and we meet on the second Thursday (and sometimes more often) of the month to sit and chat together.  

The lovely Helen, from Helen's Patchwork Passion, is kind enough to open up her home to us each month.  Where we are made so welcome, especially by Eddie and Seven, below.




Aren't they cute?


Unfortunately, this month, two of our group (Dawn and Sue - we missed your great company, ladies) couldn't make it, but the three of us left (Helen, Anna and I) had lots of fun starting our new project....

Red Robin pouch and jewellery keep by Melissa Grant from "One Day in May".



Anna made great progress on her first robin panel (and she has already sewn up the patchwork section).


Helen made great strides with her stitching.


And I managed to trace out my first robin panel.


As I had some leftover fabric from making my dilly bag and lots of pink and green fabric in my stash and ....


 .... I adore the pink/green colour combo, I am making a "Pink" Robin pouch
and jewellery keep.

Here is my progress so far....


We are actually meeting again in a fortnight and I hope to have at least this panel finished before then and maybe the pouch completed??????? (Frail hope, I know but I can dream, can't I????)

Anyway, here it is Friday again, so off to check out my WIP/UFO pile to see what to stitch for Friday Frolics and later on, (maybe tomorrow), there will be a Smalls SAL post (and TUSAL, too, of course) - so please come back to visit.

hugs, 



P.S.  As I am super busy the next couple of days (doing fun things, of course) - there is still time to join in my Merry Xmas in July Exchange.  Just click on a present below to sign up.






16 comments:

Christine M said...

Lots of lovely stitching happening, Kaye. I miss catching up with you all. Silly me, Nelson had a day off TAFE yesterday and I could have come along. Oh well. I also miss seeing my little four legged friends, Eddie and Seven. xx

Sheryl said...

Pretty pouch project Kaye with lovely colour combo. Gorgeous dilly bag.

Helen said...

It was a lovely day Kaye, looking forward to our next stitching day.x

Mii Stitch said...

Great start on your purse. It's going to look so pretty when all done up!

Mary said...

I adore your little robin satchels!!! What a lovely idea to have a group get together on a regular basis to do projects like this. YOur little bag is sweet, love the cheerful colors. Happy stitching! Mary@stitchingfriendsfover

cucki said...

Aww beautiful start on your purse..it is going to look so pretty
Big hugs x

Daniela Bencúrová said...

It is good to meet friends! Great progress in stitching!
Hugs!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Looking forward to seeing your progress,it is such a pretty project.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It must be lovely to have crafty friends to meet up with regularly. The bag looks wonderful as does the robin design.

Margaret said...

What a lovely project! I envy anyone who has a group to meet with. I miss that.

Kay said...

This is a sweet panel. I do like to have other things to make occasionally, apart from cross stitch. x

Kerryp77 said...

What a lovely project. Hope you get it done for your next meet up.

Julie said...

Beautiful project you are all going to be making.

Cricket-bug Corner said...

LOVE the bird bag!!

Sarah in Stitches said...

This panel is so pretty! I love the colors. Great start! :D

Brigitte said...

What a great project you all chose for your sewing group. And lovely to see what you and the ladies managed to sew during your get-together.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...