About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Thursday, 22 December 2011

Advent Calendar Day 22

Today is my turn to post for the online Advent calendar organised by Jo of Serendipitous Stitching.  Such a clever idea.  Please go to her blog to check them all out.

Here are my Christmas photos - what word does my quilting spell?





Why NOEL, of course.

Every second Christmas we host a large family gathering (my younger sister hosts the alternate year) where my DH bbqs a pork belly and we have it with all the fixings.  Then it is plum pudding and sometimes ice cream plum pudding to finish.  We have a lovely time.

Merry Christmas to all my fellow bloggers.

Kaye

P.S. Don't forget to check out the giveaways on the right hand sidebar.

8 comments:

Jan said...

What a gorgeous banner! Happy Xmas x

Cheryll said...

I like your banner...very cute!
Enjoy the holidays! :)

cucki said...

i love the banner too..sweet post..
hugs cucki xx

Joysze said...

Love the quilted banner, Kaye. Merry Christmas to you and yours!

beagleAnnie said...

Such a joyful banner! I love it.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for posting, I love your banner.
BBQ pork belly and ice-cream plum pudding, hmmm, interesting Christmas dinner!
Enjoy your Christmas xx

Anne said...

It spells Noel!!! What a lovely quilted design Kaye!! It's gorgeous!!

That dinner sounds divine!! Mmmm pork belly and plum pudding!!!!!

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

Hugs!

Anne

Lesley said...

What a great banner,I love it. Happy Christmas to you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...