Monday 20 March 2017

Gifted Gorgeousness_March Update...

I must begin this month's update with an apology to a dear bloggy buddy, Sharmayne from Country Fragrance, as last GG post I forgot to post about the wonderful exchange gifts she sent me for the Initial Heart Swap, which is run by dear Cheryll every year.

But first, in case you do not know what I am talking about ...

Gifted Gorgeousness (or GG) is a SAL run by the wonderful SAL Mama, Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  Basically, on the 15th of each month, we post about anything which is stitchy gift-related that we have been up to that month.

Anyway, dear Sharmayne sent me the most gorgeous journal cover, some jelly beans and a sweet crocheted heart.



In turn, I sent her a little pillow, with the year and her initial on it, a bear tin and some chocolates.


With a cat postcard, of course!


Great swap, Sharmayne, thank you so much, I love my new journal.

Next, I have a languishing WIP, which I stitched on for Friday Frolics a week or so back ....


"Noel Blanc", the design was kindly gifted to me by my dear Jo, from Serendipitous Stitching, of course!


Noel Blanc
Designer: K
Designer: A  Mon Ami Pierre
Fabric: 28 ct Willow (I think that is what it is called.)
Floss: Suggested DMC threads

The true colour of the fabric is closer in the second pic. I must say it looks much prettier in real life

 The last time I stitched on this piece was in August 2015!  So sorry, Jo, I could not believe that so much time had gone by before I touched it again but now it is definitely back in my rotation (which seems to get bigger by the day - lol!)

Next up is a sweet Easter stitch all finished for a friend.

Spring Celebrations design by The Primitive Hare.  It is a freebie which you can find here.




... and this is another FFO for a friend from my Book Club (the stitching was completed in September 2015)


Lastly, I have started on this gorgeous nutcracker Christmas design, kindly gifted to me by the delightful Melinda from Family Business.


It is a really sweet design from an old magazine and features five different nutcrackers standing to attention all in a row, with an alphabet above and surrounded by a candy cane and heart border - just adorable - all in time-honoured Christmas colours.

Thank you so much, dear Melinda.

Well, that is all my GG for this month.

Please check out this link for all the wonderful work of the other GGers!



hugs, 







20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great swap parcels received and sent Kaye,what a fun swap for you both,always love to see your beautiful work xx

Linda said...

Lovely stitching and projects Kaye.

Linda

Stitching Noni said...

Lovely post Kaye - love your sweet finishes :o)
Hugs x

Brigitte said...

Great stitching and finishing. I love your two new starts of the gifted patterns. And two lovely little pillows as gifts for friends. A great GG post, Kaye.

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely you're stitching again on Noel Blanc, it's a beautiful design & Jo will be thrilled, I'm sure!
Great little exchange too :)

Julie said...

Lovely things in your GG post this month. The little Easter finish is adorable.

Kerryp77 said...

Lovely GG post. The nutcrackers sound delightful. A lovely swap too

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Lovely gifts swap.Thank you for putting the Primative Hare link.
I like your Nutcracker Christmas stitching.

twinpeakprimitives said...

Each of stitching pieces, finishes, gifts; all are simply wonderful Kaye ♥ Such a lovely post ♥

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in GG this month. Lovely exchange parcels.
Can it really be that long since I finished Noel Blanc and sent it to you? Seems like only last year!
Love the Prim H freebie too. I keep intending to stitch them too.

deb said...

Wow, you've worked on a lot of things! Never seen the Noel Blanc before (at least I think not) - pretty, and what great fabric you're stitching it on.

Justine said...

Great GG update. What a fabulous exchange! I love your sweet Spring stitching and Noel Blanc too.

Mini said...

Lovely gifts received and sent Kaye. I specially love the "B" ornament.

Carol said...

Always good to see your gifted gorgeousness posts, Kaye! That nutcracker is looking so handsome!

I guess it is autumn down under now :) Hope it's a nice one!

Melinda Forbes said...

That is a wonderful Journal Cover. It really makes it special. In this day of technology I love to write on paper.

That is a great B pillow and I love the fabric choice for the back of the Easter Stitch.

You know I love that Nutcracker.

Tiffstitch said...

Lovely gifts back and forth and wonderful stitching on a lot of projects as well, great summary!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Great GG stitching this month, Kaye! That looks like a lovely exchange too. Enjoy the goodies! :D

Rachel said...

So much lovely stitching! I love the white reindeer, very pretty.

Margaret said...

Everything looks great! You've been busy!

Sheryl said...

What a fun swap and pretty stitching, Love the Spring Celebrations design.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...