About Me

My photo
My name is Kaye and I am 58 years old. Unbelievably to me, at my age, I have now just embarked upon my third career - as a History Education Consultant! I love to cross stitch and quilt, especially with my kittens, Furio and Milo "helping" me. I also love to read, I have a passion for history and I have been cooking since I was about 12 - move over Junior Masterchef! So, this blog, which started out as a cross stitch blog sometimes morphs into a reading journal or a history lesson (sorry, I used to be a secondary teacher before I became a publisher and now a consultant) or a post about my cooking mojo. Whatever it is, this blog is alway about me, my family and my life here in Eaglemont, Victoria. I have been happily married for over 30 years to the most wonderful man and we are blessed with three beautiful grown up children.

My fellow stitching kittens

Thursday, 29 October 2015

October Smalls SAL report.....



Hello my dear fellow stitchers, as you will see, I have a few Smalls to show you this month:

First up is Liberty Starburst by Summer House Stitche works, this was stitched as part of my Americana SAL blog.



Now, I did make one change, if you look at the original pattern:


you can see that there is a piece of blue felt blanket stitched in the centre - well, do you think I could find that piece of blue felt when I was ready for it?  No way, Jose!  Nowhere to be seen, so I improvised:


... and made up my own centre, which I am actually really happy with.  I hope that you all like it, too.

Now, of course, as soon as I wasn't looking for it, I found it! lol!

Now, I have offered this pattern as a Giveaway on the American SAL blog and if you follow this link, you can find out who won!


Next, we have my Friday Frolics SAL/ FNSI/Prairie Schooler SAL finish from this post (love to double or triple dip! lol!)

Day 11 of PS's Santa's 12 Days of Christmas





I especially love Mr Fox in the bottom right hand corner.  Plus I have finished Day 12, as well, so now the set is complete:









... and lastly, I finished two Hallowe'en pieces:






Moon and Cider Apple Cider
Needlework Press
28 ct overdyed fabric
Floss: as per designer

My second Hallowe'en stitch is "Bump in the Night".  Again, when I saw this cute row of tipsy houses, I just knew that I had to stitch this one, too!






Bump in the Night
Tempting Tangles Designs
JCS Hallowe'en Ornie Mag 2015
28 ct overdyed blue fabric
Floss: I chose my own overdyed threads from my stash

I must admit that I am thrilled with both of these finished pieces - each have their own special brand of spookiness.

So, there you go, a very productive month of stitching.

If you want to see how everyone else went with their Smalls this month, you can check them out here:  Stitching Lotus

hugs, 



24 comments:

butterfly said...

What great stitching Kaye you have been busy.
Every thing looks Fab.

Pull the other thread said...

Wow fantastic stitching and lots of amazing finishes/

Jacquie Morris said...

You have been a busy stitcher!! All looks wonderful :)
Your santas look great all together finished..... Brilliant.
Love the Halloween stitching, fun!!
Wondering what your stitching next...
Smiles :)

shez said...

Hi Kaye ,your work is always stunning xx

Mii Stitch said...

Great stitching & finishing!
Love Moon & Spider!!!

Vickie said...

Liberty Starburst is really something special!

Carm said...

Busy month for sure! Lovely stitching and so many finishes. Have a great week-end! By the way your link to me to Halloween Ornies. Loved looking at all of them.

KimM said...

WOW! Have you been busy, or what?! Lovely, lovely - as always!
xxx

Sandra die Puppenhexe said...

There are so many beautiful things to see with you again . Every embroidery is very beautiful you succeeded . A great mix , especially like today the moons .
Greetings Sandra

Bea said...

Liberty Starburst is so pretty - love the colours. The Halloween designs are really cute - especially the houses.

Marie said...

So much lovely stitching. I especially like your PS pieces! I like what you did in the center of Liberty Starburst.

Carol said...

What a productive month you've had, Kaye!! I really love the Halloween designs--especially the moon and spider piece. It's always a good feeling to look back at your small finishes at the end of each month :)

Maggee said...

Love what you did with Liberty Starburst--it is a nice piece! And I especially like the Moon and Apple Cider one... never saw anyone do that one before--it is cute! Hugs!

Linda said...

Oh wow Kaye. Congrats on all of the lovely finishes.

Linda

Heather said...

Lots of lovely stitching. I like the center you made better than the original :). My favorite piece is the moon and cider the moon looks awesome!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, dear Kaye, a month have managed a lot!
All the great work!
Greetings!

Thoeria said...

You have been busy busy busy Kaye!!!! I love them all....especially your Halloweenie stitchies :) And the Santas all together.....just gorgeous!

Tiffstitch said...

Great finishes!

Margaret said...

I love all your finishes! Those Halloween ones take the cake though. Fantastic!

Barb said...

So many wonderful finishes. You have been very busy stitching!

Maria del Valle said...

Beautiful finishes!! I love the colors!

Brigitte said...

What a productive month you have had. And a month full of finishes. So great for the Santas and the Americana piece, and even two Halloween finishes, yeah! Both are so different, fantastic!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Gorgeous stitching, you've had a very productive month. The SALs are obviously good for you!
I like your changes to the first piece.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, look at all these finishes! That's amazing. They all look amazing. I particularly love Liberty Starburst! You did a great job with the center :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...