Sunday 7 February 2016

The Alphabet Club - Saturday Detention for G ....

G is for G'day Mate, how ya going?  The quintessential Australian greeting

Unfortunately, if you are not Australian, you may have trouble translating it when you hear this greeting as this young Aussie traveller found when he made this video - please watch this, it is hilarious!



... and just to finish, if you travel to Alice Springs (which is pretty much in the dead centre of Australia), you can stay at the G'Day Mate Caravan Park - what a hoot!




For those of you who do not know what I am talking about:

What is the Alphabet Club, I hear you ask?  Well, it is the brainchild of Chiara from The Grey Tail and Jo from Serendipitous Stitching and is loosely based on the premise of the movie "The Breakfast Club" - you can see the button for The Alphabet Club on my right sidebar.

On the first Saturday of each month, members of the club have "detention" and have to post about something that will enlighten others about their culture (as blogland is so diverse).  Of course, there should be something stitchy in there, if possible. Each month will be a different letter of the alphabet - hence the club's name - and, of course, we started with "A" and now we are up to "G"

The Alphabet Club


So, that is G for me, this month, if you want to see what the other detainees have been up to, please check them out here.

Oh, one last thing, please check out Brenda's  Giveaway at Time 2 Xstitch

Double Oh, I have a second one last thing!  

. Thank you so much to everyone who commented on my last post "What do you do....?"  Your kind words of support and encouragement at this rather stressful time means so much to me - blogging friends are definitely the best! 
Thank you, thank you, thank you for all being so wonderful!


hugs, 

12 comments:

Bea said...

Hah, at least this month was an expression I recognize. What a great idea for a trailer park name.

Linda said...

Great post and video Kaye.

Linda

Houseelf said...

Sorry to hear about your job fellow FNWF crafter. Love the Poe Nevermore on linen!

KimM said...

OH MY GOODNESS! My face hurts from laughing at the video - it's SOOOOO funny! Thank you for posting.
hugs
xxx

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

That video was VERY funny. I liked the person who said "oh, you're from New Zealand" because I know that's a joke like calling Canadians Americans!
The East Anglian accent does sound a little bit Australian apparently. My sister has been mistaken for Australian in the past. Or South African. She is definitely a Colonial LOL

Tiffstitch said...

Nice video! And "good on ya"?

Heather said...

I love this saying :). It's difficult to sound down in the dumps when you say it lol

Brigitte said...

Oh my, this IS hilarious. I had to watch it twice because the first time I was laughing so hard that I couldn't hear everything, lol. Thanks for showing.

Margaret said...

OMG, that video is so funny!!! So is that really how it sounds in Australia? Wow! I have to say, I probably would have had a similar reaction if he'd approached me! lol! Although I did get the G'day mate part at least. :D

Sheryl said...

After living 30 years in Spain, I found that greeting really difficult to catch, great video.

FlashinScissors said...

I laughed so much! Can't think how they couldn't understand him. That was so great! Love it, thanks for showing us!
Barbara xx

Diya said...

G'day mate! Great TAC post! :D Will be back to read your other contributions :)

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...