Sunday 1 May 2016

Impresso.. ...

My dear bloggy friend, Cath from Cath@Home and Bits 'n Bobs recently put me onto this cool App for my smartphone - Impresso.

Basically, it allows you to take one of your photos and turn it into an Impressionist painting!

Do you want to see?

So this ...

becomes this....

and this ...


becomes this...

and this...


 becomes this ....


and, lastly, this ....


 becomes this....


As you can see, it does work well on landscapes (and not well at all on cross stitch finishes, I can tell you!).

The App was not expensive, about $4 or $5 dollars (AUD) but worth it for the fun I am having with it.

P.S. Do you like my yellow roses?  They are loving the Indian Summer which we are having.

hugs, 
P.S. Mini asked why I called it an Indian summer - so here is a definition:

"Indian summer is a period of unseasonably warm, dry weather that sometimes occurs in Autumn"
"Although the exact origins of the term are uncertain,it was perhaps so-called because it was first noted in regions inhabited by Native Americans (incorrectly labelled "Indians"), or because the Native Americans first described it to Europeans, or it had been based on the warm and hazy conditions in autumn when native Americans hunted.
In the UK, observers knew of the American usage from the mid-19th century onwards, and The Indian Summer of a Forsyte is the metaphorical title of the 1918 second volume of The Forsyte Saga by John Galsworthy."

Not sure how it made its way to Australia!

P.P.S. Using this App makes me feel like an artist, which is nice, as I cannot draw for peanuts!

16 comments:

Heather said...

How cool I love the ocean one :)

Mini said...

Oh i love the conversion for landscapes.I'm inquisitive why do you call it Indian Summer.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, Mini, I have updated the post with an explanation for Indian summer.

Kaisievic said...

Thanks, makes me feel like an artist!

Mini said...

Thank you for the information. Its interesting to know the origins of terms used in different cultures.

Kaisievic said...

You are so welcome, my dear.

Cath said...

firstly....I am tickled pink to be referred to as someones dear bloggy friend! secondly, the arty photo's look amazing....love the roses but I also love the cat on the quilt. Thirdly, ditto about feeling like a bona fide artist because I can't draw for peanuts either! Lastly, thanks for the plug to my blogs.....dear bloggy friend of mine!

Vickie said...

That is really neat!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, dobrá aplikácia!
We call this period of Babie summer. Not Indian. Baba is an old woman:-)))

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a clever App! My son likes playing with the different effects on the iPad camera but they are not as artistic as these!

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

That's a great App!

KimM said...

What an awesome ap! Love what it produces.....
xxx

Crazee4books said...

Hi Kaye,

Isn't it amazing what these apps can do? I don't own a
cell phone .... I know, we're neanderthals here ... but my
ipad does this with an app randomly and it's fun to see
how these things turn out.

Even without the app your photos are gorgeous and a
pleasure to see! Especially that handsome fellow
stretched out and sound asleep.

Wonder what the opposite of "Indian Summer" is? You
know, when it's spring and the weather should be
warm, sunny and ... well ... spring like and suddenly
you get a week (or two) of cold, snow and misery.

Canadian Winter?

Cheers!

Barb said...

That app does such fun things! Lovely roses. I also enjoy Indian Summer, ours comes in Oct.or late Sept.

Bev C said...

Hello Kaye,

The beach scene is lovely, I can imagine making a few gift cards with these photos.

Happy days.
Bev.

Bea said...

Interesting app - intriguing results with your photos.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...