Saturday 7 May 2016

FNwF and May TUSAL update....

Last night was both FNwF and Friday Frolics, so here is what I got up to ....

I knitted some more of my ombre baby blanket for my friend's son's baby to come...

Just a few rows but the blanket is growing, it went from this ...


to this...


I am now well on my way on my third colour - only two to go after I finish this lighter blue.

Stitchingwise, I randomly chose this UFO,  the gorgeous Thirteen Colonies by LHN.  Now, I last stitched on this way back in January, 2012!!!!!! You can read all about it here.


Now, when I picked it up last night, the stitching was like this....


Yay! I finished the little grey house - although you may notice that I am frogging the browny colour on the right - I realised that I had used the wrong floss colour, all those years ago - aagghh!


I am certain that Thirteen Colonies was a gift from dear Gracie from Needles, pins and dragonflies and she generous gifted me not only the pattern but the fabric and the floss as well - thank you, dear Gracie.  So sorry to have neglected it for so long but it is back in the rotation now - please look for another update post on this next week for Gifted Gorgeousness and I am going to add it to my 'Merica Monday rotation for the Americana SAL to make sure that it does not get forgotten again.


You can see what everyone else was doing for FNwF by clicking this link and check out the Friday Frolickers here.


... The other update I wish to give you is my May TUSAL update...

Home ORTs on the left, Travel ORTs on the right

The year's ORTs so far.


Well, that is all for me for now, look out for my next Alphabet Club post, which should be up later today.

hugs, 

19 comments:

Tiffstitch said...

Great work finishing the house, but too bad about having to frog. Your blanket is looking wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Hi kaye you had great progress last night on your projects,well done my friend :)

Barb said...

I know that the pretty baby blanket is going to be treasured. I love Thirteen Colonies. I have that chart and I really want to stitch it. Maybe I'll get it on my to do list!

Unknown said...

You have the best stitching projects. Love the Colonies. It's so funny I am just sitting down on a Friday night to enjoy a sip and blog reading and it looks as if you are already at Saturday morning. Have a wonderful day

Melody said...

Love the colonies and the blanket is gorgeous

Linda said...

Nice progress Kaye and lots of pretty orts.

Linda

Karen's Korner said...

It is nice to see knitting "grow". It is good to be able to pick up an old project with new enthusiasm.

Heather said...

Lovely progress at least you noticed the wrong color!

gracie said...

Looking forward to seeing more progress on the 13 colonies....

Lumiruusu said...

The baby Blanket is growing nd the UFO stitching was good idea ..me too have some off those UFOs I should really pick up for stitching! The pattern "Thrinteen Colonies " is very lovely :::

Justine said...

I love that blanket! Such gorgeous colours.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

I love your baby blanket Kaye.Thirteen Colonies is a lovely design.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great value post, lots of doubling up! The crochet is looking good. Isn't it nice to work on an older project too? Especially a gifted one.

Bea said...

The blanket is moving along beautifully and I love the blues you've chosen.

Love 13 Colonies and I'm glad it's going to be growing. I'm sure it was feeling forgotten and neglected, poor thing. lol

kiwikid said...

The blanket is growing well and I love the colours.

Stitching Noni said...

Great post.... you have been busy!
Well done on finding such a lovely WIP - shame you have to frog your hard work from all those years ago! Can't wait to see some more progress on this one!
Hugs xx

Brigitte said...

Both projects are great to be pulled out for a Friday session.

Radka said...

Lovely embroidery project :-)
xx

Sarah in Stitches said...

The baby blanket looks lovely! Great stitching too :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...