Wednesday 4 May 2016

Stash empire building ...

... yes, I am at it again!  I just cannot help myself but sometimes a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do when she sees some lovely crafty things!!!!!

On Saturday, the little Eaglemont Village where I live had its first monthly Saturday market for the year - it is just a small craft market but well worth a visit.

So, I bought these gorgeous chutneys and Quince jam from one stall ...


... and then I went back and bought a jar of Raspberry and plum jam, too (I am a sucker for homemade jams).

From another stall I bought these great quilting fabrics ...


I think that they will be perfect for finishing my Smalls as cushions and pincushions. I especially love the carrot fabbies and the strawberry fabbies and altogether they only cost me $8.00.


Then, today, I had to go into the city for a meeting with the publishing house that I am doing some freelance work for (more work = more stash! lol!), so I went in a little early so that I could visit the gorgeous vintage haberdashery shop, 

l'uccello.

... it is full of so much crafty goodness but I managed to sort of restrain myself to just buying this ...


... an antique pincushion design, just right for using up some of my civil war stash ...


... a vintage French seed packet needle keep - you embroider the flower panel - they had so many designs it was so hard to make a choice but I finally did.


... and lastly some gorgeous Spanish floss packs - Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter colourways - I can't wait to use these!  I am going to start with stitching with them on the Vintage French seed packet above.


... and to finish up, here is a cute Furio pic.  This is on Anzac Day, when the family came over for lunch (that is my dear nephew on the left), we were sitting there having lunch and TraderVic left the table to go get something and when we looked up, there was Furio sitting in his place - what a wag!


Well, that is all from me for now, 

hugs, 



26 comments:

Margaret said...

Looks like a fun place! You've been keeping busy as always, I see. Good stuff on the freelance work too!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye lots of lovely buys there my friend ,I love homemade jams and chutneys too,enjoy your evening Kaye :)

Mini said...

I'm loving your posts. I'm going to make a raw mango chutney tomorrow as its mango season here . Great new stash. I'm going to note down the name of that shop, will visit it when I visit Australia(one day..)
P.S. By the way do you know chutney is an Indian word from Hindi Language?

Anthea said...

wow very pretty stash-building there Kaye... all those threads will keep you stitching for a while!

Vickie said...

Love what you found for yourself there. And you got yourself some work! :D

Heather said...

How fun I love homemade stuff. Great stash furio is a riot!

Linda said...

Love your new stash Kaye.

Linda

Carol said...

I think Furio is eyeing that yummy looking salad you have on the table, Kaye :)

Love your new goodies--those village markets must be such fun. Living in the suburbs of a large city, we don't have anything like them :(

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Kaye, today you showed us a lot of delicacies!
Furio not has a plate in front of you, it is necessary to fix :-)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great stashing! Stashquistions is the FlossTube word apparently.
Furio makes a great place minder. The Small Boy does that if hubby gets up during a meal to get sauce or a drink. He jumps into Daddy's seat and stays there until he comes back.

Sheryl said...

Lovely new stash Kaye, wish we had more crafty markets here, always find something interesting.

KimM said...

Oh my goodness - we would have been dangerous together - LOVE your new stash, Kaye!!! And the picture of Furio made me laugh.....
hugs
xxx

Tiffstitch said...

Great stash and jams and love Furio's photobomb :)

jhm said...

Our older cat (now gone) used to sit at the table with us during meals. Fine with us but not so great with some guests. He always sat on an empty chair, did not get up to the table.

Bea said...

Great acquisitions, both the edible ones and the crafty ones. Furio is just reminding you who the real head of the household is.

Stitching Noni said...

Great post! Love all your buys... not sure whether the homemade jam comes first on the list or that lovely fabby!! :o)
Aren't cats just the cutest? Furio just wanted to join the party :o)
Hugs xx

AppleApricot Wen said...

Beautiful (and yummy) finds, Kaye! Love that old mannequin design booklet!

Brigitte said...

Home-made jam, the only jam that I really love. No matter what fruit, I love them all. But the have to be home-made :)
Oh my, such a load of new stash, and things from various departments - finishing fabric, pattern, threads. You must be so happy with all of it. Enjoy!

Crazee4books said...

Hello again Kaye,

Looks like you had a grand time picking up new stash.
Lovely stuff. The mannequin pin cushion is going to
be especially neat to add to your stitching paraphernalia.
And the spanish threads will be wonderful for bringing
the seed packet design to life.

I think Furio expects to have his own seat at the table.
Cheeky boy. My Phoebe always steals my chair in the
craft room whenever I get up and leave it for a few
minutes. And then she squawks when I pick her up to
move her back to her own cushioned spot on my craft
table. She doesn't care as much about the kitchen
chairs because food isn't her priority. My attention is!

Cheers!

Frances said...

I love your new stash--especially the beautiful threads! And Furio is so cute sitting at the table!!

Justine said...

Great stash haul Kaye - you got some really interesting finds there. I love homemade jam too! We used to visit a shop in Yorkshire when I was a child that sold homemade jams - damson and gooseberry were my favourites!

Penny said...

Lots of lovely new additions to your stash! All of those colorful threads really caught my eye - pretty! Furio made me laugh...what a sweetie!

Aurelia Eglantine said...

The vintage seed pack needleminder is such a charming and cute idea, looking forward to seeing it whenever you get a chance to embroider it!

Melody said...

Ooo lucky you visiting Lucello. Adore the photo of Furio, made me laugh out loud

Barb said...

Great stash and what a cute little kitty!

Sarah in Stitches said...

Lovely stash! And I can't resist homemade jam either :D

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...