Tuesday 27 December 2016

Boxing Day....

As Boxing Day is DS2's birthday (24 this year - oh, my baby is definitely all grown up!) we traditionally go to the movies as a family.  All I can say is thank goodness for film franchises: seven Harry Potter films; six Tolkien films and the various Xmen and superhero films!

This year we went to see the new Star Wars film:



Now, I would have to say it was okay.  A bit slow in parts (I must admit that despite two coffees at lunch I was so very tired that I kept dozing off during the film - that must say something about it, mustn't it?) and the heroine was too similar to the heroine in The Force Awakens, we all thought.  I think that I would give it three and a half stars.



Now, onto my Christmas Stitching.  I have joined a FB group called Stitchmaynia, which I think that some of you may already belong to or have heard of, and I decided to take up the 12 Days of Christmas Challenge.  Each of the twelve days from Christmas Day to January 5, you stitch on something related to that day's theme - A partridge in a pear tree, etc.  Being the traditionalist that I am, I am stitching, yes, you guessed it!  The 12 Days of Christmas!

Day One:


Day Two:


The Frosted Pumpkin Stitchery's 12 Days of Christmas
Stitched on 28ct Cashel linen, Serenity. 
Mixture of suggested floss and my own choices.

Well, that is all from me for now, 

hugs, 









9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye you do such beautiful work,happy new year my friend xx

gracie said...

Looking forward to seeing this one finished....so far it looks great.

Melinda Forbes said...

Thank you for the movie review. I am not sure if I will see this in the theater or wait. I think you will enjoy Stitchmaynia. I really enjoy seeing all the different projects everyone is doing. So many different charts - so many different stitching styles

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow, Kaye, new embroidery seems very good!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great start on the 12 Days SAL, I wonder which enabler told you about that? Love the design you have chosen.

Bea said...

Lovely new start and great choice! Nothing like a birthday mixed in with Christmas to keep you creative.

Tiffstitch said...

Great new start and great idea! I can't keep up with this one, but am a member of the group as well.

Brigitte said...

I have heard about Stitchmaynia on various floss tube videos and everyone seemed to be very excited about it. If it weren't on FB I would certainly belong to the group myself, lol. A great stitching idea, Kaye. Good luck with your 12 Days.

Heather said...

I liked the movie but I agree about the heroine. Great progress!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...