Wednesday 23 May 2018

May IHSW report....

This past weekend was IHSW, if you would like to find out more about IHSW, please click on Hermie below:

                                  

It is such a lovely idea - to be stitching with other like-minded people from all over the globe, no matter the time zone, all weekend long - bliss!

Starting on Friday (for Friday Frolics and FNSI),  I picked up a BAP, "Spaziergang durch unser Dorf"or "Walk through our Village" by UB Design. (Apologies to any German-speaking readers, this is the translation that Google Translate gave me).

This is where I was up to when I picked it up on Friday...


... and here is my Friday progress...  


... and by Saturday night even more progress had been made....



... and this is what it will look like one day!!!!!


I do have a favour to ask of any of you who speak German.  The instructions for this design is entirely in German (which I do not know) which is fine for the cross stitch part but for the back stitch I am all at sea as to what is what!  So, my favour is this, would any of you be willing to translate the instruction page for me if I email it to you?  I would be most grateful.

Then Sunday was New Start Sundays and I started on this absolutely gorgeous design that I bought from 123 Stitch with the voucher that I won from Jo from Serendipitous Stitching, who, of course, is the hostess of this wonderful GG!

Three Little Kittens by Ink Circles


Don't you just love this design?  So perfect for me?  I am going to make the Mama Cat and kittens match the four cats that I have had the privilege to live with over the past twenty odd years. The Mama Cat will be a Cameo tortoiseshell just like my lovely dearly departed Coco Chanel #5. Then the three kittens will be Furio (ginger), Milo (tabby) and Nobu (tuxedo), of course.

Thank you again, Jo, for the voucher.


Going clockwise from 1 o'clock, Milo, half of Furio and Coco Chanel #5.





hugs, 


P.S. As always, you can check out more of my stitching projects at any of these other of my blogs that I update weekly (usually, fingers crossed)...




P.P.S. I am having ANOTHER Girl's Nest Giveaway (#6), click on the pic below if you would like to enter.  Closes May 31st.

11 comments:

Carol said...

That kitten project certainly is perfect for you, Kaye--I've never seen it before! Love the village piece, too--beautiful houses and church. Enjoy!

Barb said...

What wonderful projects. The village is perfect but sorry no help with the German. You know how much I love that kitten design!!

Vickie said...

I am certain you will get help from one of our German friends with your Village piece Kaye. Your Three Little Kittens piece is darling!

Linda said...

Lovely progress Kaye.

Linda

Tiffstitch said...

Love these! So great you're customizing the kitties, and love how they look so far. I have a tuxedo cat, so I'll have to pay attention to how the last one comes out. You should ask Leonore of https://needlepensword.blogspot.com/ about the directions! :)

Margaret said...

Love seeing your progress. The cats look great!

Brigitte said...

Wonderful, your two projects, Kaye. And that little village is something I would stitch immediately as well.. And although I’m not a cat person I have to say that the cat project is just gorgeous.
I’ll send you an email.

Barb said...

You are making excellent progress on the village. As I have already said, that cat design is so cute!! I love the way you are personalizing it! A nice tribute to your cats!!

deb said...

Had to laugh - your first paragraph is essentially what I just said in a comment to Jo! It would be *wonderful* to be able to stitch all weekend without having to do anything else, wouldn't it?

You're making great progress building that red house and growing the shrubberies!

Bethan said...

Really great progress. I love the idea of matching the cats on the pattern with ones you have had in your life x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Great work on the house building, but the kittens really do make the post! They are so sweet and just like your own cats too.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...