Friday 2 November 2018

OCTOBER READING UPDATE....

Extra Woo Hoos this month! I am still one book ahead now in my Goodreads reading challenge after reading another twelve books in October.  Feeling like I might actually reach my 150 goal this year!  Only 25 to go! Fingers crossed.






To give you a bit of a rundown, we have a couple of political thrillers - "The President is missing" and "The Senator". The former was not bad and the latter less good, I would have to say.  There were the three Holly Linton series  novels: "No shelter", "The Devil you know and  "Hollow Point", I quite enjoyed this thriller series although they could have been better written. "Colleen" was a very ordinary western romance whilst "Bed, Breakfast and Bones was a very ordinary cosy crime novel, the first in a series but I don't think that I will be bothering with the rest.  "Wolf's Bane" was also a rather poorly written urban fantasy however "Ghost Detective" was a better written one with an interesting premise.

The best of them all I have saved for last - "Home Fire" by Kamila Shamsie.



I listened to this on Audible and I just loved the power of the narration and the story - so strong and well, powerful!  I can highly recommend this novel. It is an amazing reworking of "Antigone", very apt for our times.

So, that is all for me for now.

hugs, 

P.S. Please don't forget to check out my 

            A SORT OF/SORTING GIRL'S NEST GIVEAWAY #7


Just click on the pick below.







6 comments:

Maggie said...

That's an impressive amount of books! My reading has fallen off the latter part of the year, still hoping to reach my challenge of 50 before the end of the year.

Carol said...

Wow! I am SO impressed, Kaye! You must be one fast reader. Does this count read and audiobooks both? I am a much faster listener than I am a reader--ha ha!! A good narrator can make SUCH a difference :)

Margaret said...

I'm the opposite of you this year, sadly. Probably the fewest books I've read in a year. The times are just too stressful, and it's been a stressful year for us too. So I have trouble getting into a book these days. Can't find anything I can enjoy cause all I can read is nonstressful books. Very limiting. Even at my best reading though, I never came close to you. Very impressive!

Julie said...

Wow that's a lot of books Kaye.
I'll have to look out for Home Fire.
One of the ladies at my book group read The President is Missing and didn't like it at all.
love and blessings x

Brigitte said...

Oh wow, that's a lot of books for this year. Absolutely impressive for such a snail reader like me. I'm always glad when I can touch the 30-books-mark, lol. I'm sure you will reach your goal in no time.

Cathy said...

I always read a lot, but 12 books in a month sounded like more than I'd ever read, so I counted what I'd read in October and I had read 10 books, mostly Action/Adventure, Police/FBI stories and Cozy Mysteries. I have read "The President is Missing" and I like James Patterson, but there was something unreal about it. BTW, it was on Book Bub a few days ago.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...