Monday 16 September 2013

Another Happy Dance.... or TWO!

I have had another Happy Dance - yay! Last week I finished my second round JE RR stitching.

This one is Snowdrop Fairy, I am very pleased with how she turned out.





Here are the other two fairies on the RR piece - Lavender and Lily, can I please stress that these two ARE NOT MY WORK THEY ARE THE GORGEOUS STITCHING OF TWO OTHER TALENTED LADIES (I hope that they don't mind me showing it off).


The RR piece so far:

Also, over the weekend I finished this sweet stitch from Merrily Beams called Trifles (I saw it finished on Carol's blog the other day and I remembered I had the pattern in my stash). I stitched it for my desk buddy at work for her birthday.




Trifles by Merrily Beams
unknown ecru 28 ct evenweave
Threads - my own choice of Cottage Garden Threads

I like this design so much that I plan to stitch it at least once or twice more as gifts for friends, it is a very sweet and easy stitch, especially on the gorgeous evenweave fabric which Linda sent me recently. (Thanks so much again, dear Linda).


hugs,

20 comments:

cucki said...

Aww such a sweet rr..I love all the fairy so much..
Sweetest friends stitching piece..
Love you x

sharine said...

Both lovely finishes:)

Parsley said...

Beautiful stitching!

Christine M said...

Your RR is lovely Kaye. So is your friends stitching. It is so sweet.

Linda said...

Congrats on the two gorgeous finishes Kaye. And your welcome.

Linda

Barb said...

Such lovely finishes! Good for you!

gracie said...

Wonderful fairies....your "friends" stitch is pretty....

Brigitte said...

You are just collecting finishes lately, aren't you? Lol. Wonderful what you have finished. I also loved the Friends design when I saw it on Carol's blog. And your attribution to the RR is just gorgeous.

Annette-California said...

I love the fairy's sampler, thank you for sharing. Trifles is wonderful. Now I want to hunt for the chart:) love Annette

Valma said...

how beautiful !!
both your stitching and your friends one are so great
backstitching of the faces, hands...are very well done...
and the beads ! wow =)
xxxx

Sarah in Stitches said...

Wow, that's a beautiful RR finish! It's looking wonderful :D

Steph said...

I love your snowdrop fairy. She is fab. The others look great too, it's going to be a brilliant piece when done :) xxx

Chris said...

Fabulous finishes Kaye!!

Mii Stitch said...

Lovely finishes, love the RR!

Vickie said...

She is so lovely Kaye! What a special, perfect gift you stitched.

Emma/Itzy said...

You have been busy! Both are lovely, well done :)

demeter83 said...

Snowdrop is gorgeous, I'm working on her at the moment. And the other people's stitching is beautiful as well!

Simply Victoria said...

Snowdrop Fairy is really lovely, as are the others.

♥ Nia said...

Very pretty RR! Congrats on your finish block :)

Stitching Noni said...

The RR is gorgeous. Your fairy is so pretty :)
Love your "Friends" finish - perfect gift!
Well done on your great finishes :)
Hugs x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...