Wednesday 24 December 2014

Dear Shirlee.....

.... thank you for being such a generous and thoughtful exchange partner.

My dear friend, Shirlee did a Christmas exchange this year.  It was fun to do some stitching for her and to pick out some perfect (I hope) presents for her.  And I can tell you, she certainly hit the spot with me.  Do you wanna see?

Silly question, of course, you do!  And, of course, I am going to show you anyway!


Gorgeous porcelain buttons....





A stunning mini pillow - beautifully stitched and finished.



... and a set of thimbles that show the Twelve Days of Christmas!



Thank you again, my very dearest bloggy friend, I love each and every gift.

Shirlee has received my parcel but is waiting to open it, so I can show you what I sent her then.

Last night, I actually put my Christmas Stitching aside and did some more Tudor Tuesday SALing.   I stitched some more on The End Crowneth the Work - I am really starting to see some progress on this piece now.



... and I must say a big thank you to all of my followers who commented on the big booboo I had made with the Ring cushion.  Oh, my goodness - the wrong year but now it is right!  I had even shown it to the bride and groom neither who had noticed my error.  But thanks to all of your eagle eyes, everything is okay now - phew!


Anyway, last (half day only, thank goodness) of work for the year for me!  Hurray!

One more sleep, hugs 

18 comments:

sew.darn.quilt said...

Such lovely gifts and beautiful stitchery.
Merry Christmas*

Bea said...

You got lovely things in your exchange. Such fun opening your parcels.

Linda said...

Oops! I never noticed the date. Lovely gifts from Shirlee.

Linda

Anonymous said...

Hi Kaye ,love the gifts you have received and as usual your stitching is gorgeous,merry Xmas my friend.xx

Margaret said...

Great exchange from Shirlee! Love your stitching too -- the Tudor piece is wonderful!

Barb said...

What a pretty gift and lovely stitching. I didn't even notice the wrong year!

Stitching Noni said...

Gorgeous gifts!
I love your stitching for the bride and groom - so pleased that the date was fixed before it was too late!! :o)
Merry Christmas and all the best for 2015
Hugs xx

Frances said...

Lovely gift exchange! So pretty! Love the ornament--especially the finishing!
I never noticed the date--Glad you fixed it!!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Sheryl said...

What splendid gifts, pretty little pillow and lovely stitching. Very Happy Christmas to you and yours.

butterfly said...

Wow beautiful gifts from Shirlee , I never noticed the date only the lovely stitching , good job some did ha.
Happy Christmas.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful gifts! Enjoy your goodies :D

Thoeria said...

Really beautiful gifts indeed :)
Enjoy your half day, Kaye and have a wonderful Christmas

AnaCristina said...

Merry Christmas for you and your family!


cucki said...

Beautiful giftsy dear and your piece is so lovely too
Merry Christmas for you and your family!



Vickie said...

So glad you got the date changed in time on the pillow. :) Lovely presents from Shirlee.
Merry Christmas!

rosey175 said...

Oh the date never even occurred to me either! Probably because I'm blocking the idea that it will be 2015 already. Enjoy your vacation and Merry Christmas to you and yours! :D

Maggee said...

Another great Exchange with Shirlee! She has a knack for knowing what people will like doesn't she? Glad you were able to fix the pillow! Enjoy Christmas!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great exchange from Shirlee, the pillow is lovely but I gasped when you said "12Days of Christmas" thimbles, what an amazing gift!

Glad that people spotted the date before you sewed up the pillow too. That was a relief! I always panic over how names are spelled when I make a Wedding or Birth sampler.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...