Thursday 25 December 2014

Merry Christmas to one and all.....

Have a wonderful Christmas and a safe and happy New Year, to all of you, my dear friends.


I have to tell you all how much I appreciate all of your love, support and kind advice over this year and all of these past years of my blogging.  The online blogging community is indeed full of wonderful warm and caring people.

You are all the most wonderful people I know.

On the stitchy front, last night I thought it was time to pick up this old WIP,  Quaker Christmas II Songs of the Season, appropriate for Christmas Eve, I thought.

This is a Wednesday SAL I am doing with Amanda and Evalina, although it is a long time since I have picked this up or checked their progress on this design.



Anyway, it is early morning Christmas Day here in Oz and I am enjoying the pre-festivities quiet but soon my lovely family will all gather for our traditional breakfast of croissants, pastries and fresh berries.  It will be a rather bittersweet Christmas as by mid-January DS1 and my brand new DIL will be moving to Roma, Queensland for DS1's new teaching job and my DD is moving out to a share house and lastly, DS2 will be moving to Sydney for two years to take join the Graduate programme at a large finance company.  So for 2015 it will be just TraderVic, my FIL, me and one or maybe two cats (DD is not sure if she is going to take Milo with her to the share house or not).

So, lots of time to get my stitching my mojo into top speed, I hope!

Have a great day, everyone,

hugs,


21 comments:

Daniela Bencúrová said...

I agree with you! Friendships blog is amazing:-))
It's nice to get to know the traditions of the various parts of the world:-))
I wish you a peaceful Christmas !!!

Susan said...

Bloggin has brought so many wonderful new friends into my life. Merry Christmas and enjoy your family today.

Christine M said...

Merry Christmas, Kaye.

Margaret said...

Merry Christmas! Hope you have a wonderful day!

marly said...

Wow. Lots of changes coming. Merry Christmas to you, precious Dad, and all of your family.

Bea said...

Merry Christmas Kaye, to you and your family!

AnaCristina said...

* *   * *  * 
MERRY CHRISTMAS
★  *  ★  ☆  ★ *  
 * *  * 

Lisa V said...

Merry Christmas Kaye. Lovely seeing the Santa Claus pillow I made for you in one of the SWL exchanges.
Take care over the festive season.

Linda said...

Love the piece your working on Kaye.
Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Linda

Sarah in Stitches said...

Merry Christmas, Kaye! That's some beautiful stitching :D

Ariadne said...

Hope you have agreat day! Merry Christmas!AriadnefromGreece!

cucki said...

Merry Christmas dear xxx

Unknown said...

Happy Christmas. It sounds like you will be doing lots of travelling to keep up with family next year. I adore that Quaker piece. Jan from www.threadgarden.blogspot.com

Michelle Ridgway said...

Merry Christmas to you Kaye. I hope you enjoyed your day together. Blogging is indeed a community of beautiful and kind friends xxx

Christine said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Shebafudge said...

A belated Merry Christmas to you. I hope you had a great day. xx

Vickie said...

I hope your Christmas was fabulous! Your stitching is looking lovely thus far. What a huge change your household will be!

Maggee said...

Blogging is a really BIG part of my life! I have really enjoyed 'meeting' you this year, and look forward to seeing lots of stitchy goodness in 2015! Big Hugs!

Emma/Itzy said...

Hope you had a lovely day! x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

I totally agree, Blogging friends are the best!!

You will have a rather empty nest next year, maybe you need more cats...

Random question - is there such a thing as Australian Delight? Like Turkish Delight but different?

Brigitte said...

I hope you were having a great Christmas Day. This WIP is more than appropriate for some Christmas stitching and I hope it has seen some nice progress.
There are a lot of changes ahead for you. It's always hard to see the kids move away but on the other hand there will be more time for yourself and your hobbies.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...