Monday 22 December 2014

FNSI and IHSW round up...

Well, I didn't get as much crafty stuff done as I would have liked this Friday night and weekend (isn't that often the way) as I got caught up in Wedding stuff and Christmas celebrations.  Both of which are fun things to do, so I can't complain.

I did finish the stitching on the ring cushion for the wedding and have chosen the backing fabric (one of my favourites from my stash and I did that cool thing again of just putting my hand in the fabric box and pulling out the perfect fabric - I love it when that happens) and purchased the ribbon for tying the rings to the cushion:



Then, I stitched some more on my Little Sheep Virtues SAL: Love.  I am doing this SAL with  Sarah, Lija and Anne.


Last night we had our yearly Christmas get together with some very good friends.  We sat out on the deck and we were rewarded with this wonderful sunset.




Then, on the way home tonight I saw Melbourne Town Hall, all wrapped up like a Christmas present:



That is all for now, one and a half days left of work for the year and less than three weeks to the wedding!  Yikes!

I hope that you are all having a great lead up to Christmas,

hugs,

21 comments:

Brigitte said...

Oh my, Kaye, what a wonderful design for the ring cushion. They will love it. And nice stitching on the SAL piece.

I love that picture of Melbourne Town Hall with the giant ribbon all around. And I love the idea of sittung on the deck and watching the sun go down. We'll have to wait a couple of months before we can do that again. But I can't complain: it's cold but no snow so far.

Susan said...

The ring cushion is beautiful, it will be a lovely keepsake for them. Hope you have a great Christmas break.

Anonymous said...

Oh your work is so fine and beautiful Kaye,the wedding is on my GDs birthday,so I will be thinking of you all.xx

Vickie said...

Um Kaye? Shouldn't the date be 2015?

Margaret said...

Great stitching! Love town hall all wrapped up. So cool! Happy Christmas!

Carm said...

I noticed the yr,too! Beautiful work.

butterfly said...

What a beautiful ring pillow love the materia.
What a great town hall.l

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Kaye, I think there is a mistake in the date:-))
2014 or 2015 ???

Bea said...

Kaye, you still got in some stitches, so that means it was was a successful IHSW. But I think you need to check the year on the pillow.

Sarah in Stitches said...

Beautiful stitching progress! I think that ring cushion is going to look gorgeous. Merry Christmas, Kaye! :D

KimM said...

Kaye - the ring cushion is so very pretty! I love the design and the fabric you chose. Elegant and gorgeous. Take care - Happy Christmas!
SSF
XXX

Christine M said...

I was wondering about the date also. Better to check than realise after it is all put together. This is going to be a beautiful ring cushion, Kaye.

Denise :) said...

Kaye, your stitching on the little ring cushion is just spectacular!! Love all the Christmas wreaths on the Town Hall! Beautiful! Merry Christmas! :)

Barb said...

Beautiful choice for the ring pillow. I hope you will share lots of pictures of the happy event!

Linda said...

Love stitching Kaye. The pillow is adorable. Great picture of the Town Hall.

Linda

Preeti said...

Lovely ring pillow !! Merry Christmas to you !!

Ariadne said...

The ring cushion will be lovely especially as it is made by the mother! Have a great holiday!Merry Christmas!AriadnefromGreece!

Carol said...

I'm surprised you have any time at all for stitching with the big wedding just around the corner, Kaye! The ring pillow is so sweet--it will be especially meaningful coming from you :)

Wishing you and your family a joyful Christmas!

Frances said...

Lovely ring pillow--and so special to be made by you!
I love the town hall, all tied up with a bow! So festive!
Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Anne said...

Very pretty ring pillow Kaye! I hope you get some time to relax with your family over the holidays! Merry Christmas to you!! Hugs!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

The ring cushion is lovely, JBW Designs are perfect for every occasion!
The countdown will really begin after Christmas

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...