Sunday 9 September 2018

Lots of ORTs....

... as I have not done a TUSAL report since JUNE!

So, here are my ORTs for the months July to September....

... and here is my YTD:



My July to September Orts are sitting on my current stitching obsession - Antique Roses Sampler (yes, sadly, I have moved on from The Ice Skaters for now), which is getting all my love at the moment and is really taking shape nicely.
Strangely enough, I have always been a serial starter but at the moment I seem to be OAAT Stitcher - odd!
This is what it looked like a couple of weeks ago when I picked it up again....


Obviously, I have been giving it a lot of love - I am really enjoying seeing it take shape, although the linen thread is a bit of a pain to stitch with as it frays quite easily (it is comparable in look to Danish flower thread but not as sturdy).  It came as a kit from DMC.  This is what the finished sampler will look like, one day.


If you want to see the TUSAL reports of others you can find them on Daffycat's blog here and on the FB group here. 

.... and if you are wondering what on earth I am talking about, please click on the pic below.





hugs, 

11 comments:

Brigitte said...

This is such a gorgeous sampler, Kaye. No wonder that it has been keeping your attention for such a long time. Like you I am also a serial starter and like you I haven't started a single new project over the summer time. Very unusual. And like you I have been stitching on one single project all the time. And now I will stay with it because it will be finished soon.

Kay said...

This is such a pretty design, you are certainly doing it justice. x

Manuela said...

What a great Sampler. Wonderful progress.

Mary said...

I can see why your obsessed with working on this sampler,it's lovely!!

Linda said...

Nice progress on the beautiful sampler Kaye. Great pile of orts.

Linda

Barb said...

That really is a beautiful sampler!

Margaret said...

That's a beautiful sampler! I've always been a monogamous stitcher (or knitter). I tend to abandon projects if I put them aside. Weird, huh?

Astrids dragon said...

It's so lovely, no wonder it's the only one you want to work on!

Julie said...

Pretty sampler, i'm not keen on the linen threads either. I've tried to use them up in small ornaments but they don't seem to be getting any less in my stash box.

Bethan said...

So many ORTS! And such a lovely sampler x

ricketyjo said...

Lovely sampler! Ever so pretty! Lots of ORTs, it looks like you've been very busy!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...