Tuesday 4 September 2018

GRAND DESIGNS EAGLEMONT: THE TWO HOUSE PROJECT_BACK HOUSE_EARLY SEPTEMBER UPDATE

Yesterday I promised new house pictures, so here they are! Since my last post in mid-June, so much has changed - I think that you will be quite surprised and hopefully quite impressed, too!

Now, just for those who are wondering what on earth I am talking about with my Grand Designs, here is some background:

As I have mentioned to you all previously, TraderVic are embarking upon a major building project - we are building two brand new homes on our very large block here in Eaglemont.  This will eventually necessitate pulling down our family home and replacing it with a brand new "dream" home for TraderVic and I.  This will be the Front House.  As our block is so large, we are also building another home in the back yard whilst still living in the original house.  This is called the Back House and is being built first.  I am hoping to document this grand adventure every week fairly regularly. I hope that you enjoy sharing this journey with me.

If you want to read previous posts (track the building progress in pics) on Grand Designs Eaglemont: The Two House Project, please click on the link/s below:







So, here are the latest pics in chronological order from mid-June to now.

Warning: lots and lots of pics!  You had better grab a cuppa and a bikkie or two as you scroll through - I hope that you enjoy them!































































Below is a pic of our old house through one of the windows of the new house.


















Phew! Well done for making it this far - as you can see there has been lots of progress over the past few months.  TraderVic and I are starting to get very excited!

Thanks for visiting.




hugs, 

19 comments:

Margaret said...

So very cool! So fun to see the whole process too! So is that triangular glassed in area enclosed and part of the house? I can see why you are getting excited!

Mary said...

It's a house now! That curved wall is impressive and love all the windows and natural lighting in the house. I can see why your so excited at the progress!

Vickie said...

Oh Kaye this is gorgeous!!!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow! Kay, your new house will be big and full of light! I like a round wall and a triangular window, perfect!
Hugs!

Christine M said...

Certainly lots happening at your place, Kaye. xx

marly said...

Unique and fabulous. And this isn't even the dream home! Now I'm wondering how wonderful that one will be.

Barb said...

You really have made tons of progress. I love this house! I can't imagine how your"dream house" will look! It's all so exciting!

RJ said...

Fantastic progress Kaye. It is going to be an amazing home. Love how that wall curves...great focal point. You are getting close. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Brigitte said...

So much has happened since your last post with pictures from the new house. And for me it's always so interesting to see in how different ways houses are built in different countries or regions. Thanks for sharing.

Lin said...

Amazing to watch the transformation.

Carol said...

Thank you for sharing your progress photos, Kaye--beautiful home! This must be very exciting for the two of you to see your dream come true :)

gracie said...

Al I can say is ….WOW... can't wait for the finish.

Astrids dragon said...

Isn't it fun and exciting to see it come together? I love the curved section, so cool!

rosey175 said...

Hard to imagine this is the "other" house and it's practically done! (!!!) I'm surprised that the black is used on the sides. I'd think that would be so hot!

Bethan said...

So much progress! It looks pretty much watertight - is it? I like the curved wall and the big triangular window x

Ariadne said...

Wow!This is very impressive!Looking forward to seeing it finished!AriadnefromGreece!

Julie said...

No wonder you are all excited, its looking amazing.

Helen said...

Wow it’s looking great Kaye.x

FlashinScissors said...

Gosh! It looks amazing!
No wonder you’re so busy!
Hugs,
Barbara x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...