Sunday 23 September 2018

Pretty flowers.....

... at the National Rhododendron Garden in Olinda (now called the Dandenong Ranges Botanic Garden).  Warning: Pic heavy!

Yesterday was such a gorgeous day in Melbourne - 20 degrees and blue skies - so when our dear friends, Marie and Tony, suggested an impromptu trip to the National Rhododendron Garden in Olinda we jumped at the chance. TraderVic and I had never been before and boy, were we in for a treat.

Wide, wandering paths and lots of gorgeous trees, flowers and views to enjoy.









If you look very hard you can see a female lyrebird - they are notoriously shy, so it was amazing to actually see one here.















These ladybird rocks were scattered throughout the whole gardens. So cute!




























































We then stopped at Dudley's for a late lunch of delicious pizza...


... and a well deserved glass of vino (after all our walking)....


I hope that you have enjoyed this visit to the Rhododendron Garden with me.

Thanks for visiting, 

hugs, 



10 comments:

Ariadne said...

So lovely to see all those pictures with such beautiful flowers! I thought the peacock was real!AriadnefromGreece!

jhm said...

What is the blue bird halfway thru the photos? Tail reminds me of a peacock but the head of something else (which I can't remember). Is he in the peacock family? Lovely for sure.

JM

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Lovely photos and even a painted rock just for me!

Barb said...

What a beautiful garden. It is fun to see you all facing spring and summer!!!It will be a long dark winter here before I see Rhodies!

RJ said...

Kaye what a lovely day you had. Such beautiful photos you took. I enjoyed all of them. I caught the ladybug rock too...so cute. Your lunch looked wonderful too. Glad you had such a nice time. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Julie said...

Flowers in abundance, thanks for sharing your beautiful walk.
I read Cecilia Ahernes book The Lyrebird.

Astrids dragon said...

What a beautiful place to spend the day, thanks for sharing!

Brigitte said...

So wonderful to see spring flowers and blooming trees. Such a great place to be right now. Whereas here nature starts to fold down.

Karen's Korner said...

I really "enjoyed" my visit to the gardens with you. Thanks for sharing.

Bethan said...

Looks like you had a great time. Thanks for sharing so many wonderful pictures and letting us 'visit' with you! x

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...