Monday 8 February 2021

Janurary Out and About Round Up_2021_Part Two

As promised, here is the next part of my January Out and About Roundup....

You can read Part One here, if you are interested.

Let's see, what else have I been up to?  Well, my Mother's Group (we have been together for over thirty years now and long story but we actually call it Tennis Group) had a fun lunch and swim at one of my friend's new home out in the countryside at Cottlesbridge.  It was a hot day but they have this gorgeous infinity pool. That is me on the left, with my dear friend, Lisa.


Our hostess, Cathy, is sitting front right and she made the most delicious beef and chicken salads - perfect for a hot day. Dessert was this marvellous rhubarb and cinnamon cake.



A few of the husbands were there as well and some felt the need to go shirtless!!!!


Later that evening, TraderVic and I went with some friend to the Rooftop cinema at the Classic Elsternwick to see the new Aussie film "The Dry", starring the rather gorgeous Eric Bana.


The movie was really good, with the Australian landscape acting almost like another character.  I can highly recommend it.

We'd never been to a rooftop cinema before, the views were great and as it was a warm night, it was perfect viewing.  Not sure what they do if it rains and as Melbourne is well known for its changeable weather (four seasons in one day is a very common saying in my city) - I suppose that they refund your money.

The view as you came out of the lift.



I was trying to get a view of the city in this next photo. You can just see it on the far left.


So, my last exciting outing for January was going to The Rain Room at Jackalope Pavilion

This is an art installation where the room is full of rain but as you move around, sensors sense you and stop the rain.  However, it didn't work fully in my case as there were a few young children who kept moving around too fast and too close and confused the sensors, so it kept raining on me - lol!  So, I failed the Rain Room!

Me:



My DS2:


Our dear friend, Virginia.


It was actually a really cool experience and, of course, we went for a nice pub lunch afterwards.

But before I go, I did want to remind you to check out my 1000th Post Giveaway, which I would love you to enter.

Thanks for visiting and please don't forget to leave a comment as I do love a good chat,

hugs, 


 

5 comments:

Clare-Aimetu said...

What a lovely post, it's so nice to read about your adventures especially as we are currently staying home. The rain room looked amazing, shame you got rained on. Thank you for sharing such fun times.

Tiffstitch said...

That sounds like great fun! I'm glad you're able to get together with friends, we really miss that over her. Very interesting art idea as well. I suppose if it was warm enough, it would be okay to be rained on a bit. I need to get my January summary up too!

Barb said...

The roof-top cinema looked like fun as well as that beautiful pool. Your summer looks lovely as we prepare for the coldest weather of the winter here in the Pacific NW!

Kay said...

Oh my, a rain room and a roof top cinema sound amazing, they are both totally new concepts to me. Th outdoor lunch with friends too looks like the thing of dreams. I am so pleased that you are able to have such a lovely time. One day life in England will return and in the meantime I read blogs and cross stitch to make me happy. Thank you fro doing your blog, for some of us reading the blogs from Bloglovin' is an important little daily part of happy. x

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for reminding us that you are in the middle of Summer right now while we all freeze!
The Rain Room sounds interesting but not somewhere to take small children unless you like getting wet it seems! I am sure they had fun.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...