Saturday 18 May 2013

A trip down Memory Lane....


Today, I had a trip down Memory Lane with my dear cousin, Robyn,  when we went to visit my Mum and Dad. Robyn brought along a memento from her childhood, "Little Women" which had been a present from my Mum to her 48 years ago! We all had a lovely time reminiscing.  





Here are my Mum and Dad....



... and with my cousin, Robyn...
 ... and with me.

At 93 my Dad can still grow the most amazing roses - the scent was so beautiful and look at that deep red colour!




A lovely morning indeed!

hugs, 

11 comments:

Shirlee said...

How wonderful that Robin still has that book after all these years & that it brought back such nice memories for you! Your mum & dad look so happy in the photos, as do you & Robin : ) Your dad certainly does grow amazing roses! I've never seen any with the color so deep! So glad you had such a great time!

marly said...

What a lovely couple! Beautiful roses.

Christine M said...

Lovely photos Kaye. Those roses are just beautiful.

Cathy said...

Beautiful photos! Your mum and dad are lovely!
Cathy
CraftyCat

Catherine said...

Sounds like a lovely day ~ and wow, your dad has the magic touch with roses!!

Maria said...

Your Dad does grow beautiful roses.. I bet they smell lovely.

Annette-California said...

Your dad's roses are Gorgeous! I loved your post for today. Fantastic family photos of you, your cousin and parents. So special!
love Annette
Wow your Dad is 93yrs. My Nannie is 99yrs:) Your dad is young:)

Claire said...

how lucky are you to still have both your parents with you and those roses!

Anne said...

Your parents look fabulous! So wonderful to have them both still in your life. I love that Little Women book! Great heirloom to keep!

Hugs!

cucki said...

Your mom and dad are so sweet.. Beautiful photos
Big hugs x

Valma said...

soooo sweet pictures
thank you for sharing
xxxx

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...