Saturday 20 October 2018

Special 60th Birthday Gifted Gorgeousness post....

I'm going to let you into a little (not-so-) secret - last week I turned 60!


Unfortunately, this gorgeously appropriate cake was only a virtual one posted by a friend on my FB timeline for my birthday!

So, I thought that I would show off all my lovely gifts as a special GG 60th Birthday edition.

My birthday started two days early - with cake, flowers and presents at work.




Altogether my work colleagues generously gifted me with three bunches of flowers, some lovely pink and blue earrings and a chunky blue necklace plus a new apron and oven mitt for my new kitchen.  So, very kind and generous of them (we also went out and had a lovely dumpling lunch in nearby Smith St, Collingwood, too - no pics, sorry!)

The penultimate day before my birthday was spent with my dear friend, Lisa, who took me out jewellery shopping for my present from my mother's group whom I have known since DS1 (who is now 30) was a baby. I chose this gorgeous moonstone ring, it is a bit unusual as most moonstone rings are curved not faceted.



Afterwards, Lisa and I went to this great French creperie for lunch.




We had cider (traditional with crepes in certain parts of France, apparently).


The savoury crepes were delicious with duck fat potato and other yummy things in it.


... and finished with a great latte.


 On my actual birthday, I was given more lovely flowers from friends.

But firstly, this pretty ceramic jewel box from my dear friend, Linda.




The orchids were given to me by my Personal Trainer, Maria, who is fast becoming a close friend as well as my gym trainer.


DS2's gorgeous girlfriend, Yumi, sent me these lovely flowers from Sydney.
The next day, I had a post-birthday lunch with my dear friend, Wendy, who is the owner of Lazy Daisy Needlework (which is now, sadly for me, only an online store).




On the Saturday I had lunch with another dear friend, whose birthday is the day after mine - she gave this great cheese platter which will fit beautifully into my new kitchen - which will be white and grey and black.


When DD came home from a quick trip to Sydney to visit DS2, she brought back a "side" gift for me from the two of them - a Blind Date with a Book!




 Luckily I hadn't already read it!



... and some absolutely delicious macarons from Zumbo Patisserie.


 On the Sunday, after my birthday, I had a family and close friends lunch

at Farm Vigano to officially celebrate my 60th Birthday.  We had a wonderful time, drinking Aperol Spritzes, Prosecco and eating delicious Italian food.

I was given: more gorgeous flowers from DS2 (who is going to take me to see a live musical, probably "Muriel's Wedding" in early March next year as my real present); a wonderful Polish bowl for my breakfast from my dear friend, Marie and this sweet pewter ring box from my dear friend, Kim.




Here are more detailed photos of the gorgeous food.








This sweet pewter ring box from my dear friend, Kim.






UPDATE: TraderVic and I went to a dinner party last night at my dear friend, Eva's new home (she and her husband have downsized) and she gifted me with this gorgeous sandwich plate made by a glasswork artist and this stunning card featuring one of the roses from her garden.




 There will be more celebratory outings coming up in November - an outing with my dear friends, Heather and Franca to see the musical, "School of Rock" and a dumpling making workshop with my mother's group in lieu of a dinner out - should be fun!

Plus my three children plus my DIL, are going to buy me a stunning print or two from the National Palace Museum in Taipei, Taiwan.  My DIL will choose them when she is next in Taipei - you can see what they look like if you click on this link here.

BTW, in case you are wondering, TraderVic didn't forget me - he bought me a new ipad!

So, I have to say that I have been very spoilt and I feel thankful to have such a wonderful family and great friends.  Maybe 60 is not going to be so bad after all?

Thanks for visiting with me today.


hugs, 



23 comments:

Kay said...

Happy birthday!!! It all looks so wonderful, the food, the presents, the flowers. Wishing you many more years of fun, happiness, and stitching. x

Vickie said...

Wow! I would say 60 is looking GREAT!!!!

Linda said...

What lovely birthday celebrations Kaye.

Linda

Cathy said...

Happy Birthday, Kaye and best wishes for the start of your 7th decade! Don't you love birthdays that last for days!

Julie said...

Happy Birthday wishes Kaye, lots of lovely celebrations and exciting things to come as well.
love and blessings x

Barb said...

A very happy number 60 to you. It is obvious that you are a lovely lady with so many people wanting to celebrate with you!

retdairyqueen said...

Happy 60th xx

marly said...

What a lucky woman you are. And what generous friends with an eye for beautiful gifts! And flowers! Glad your birthday was so special.

Lin said...

What an amazing birthday you have had Kaye - and such beautiful presents. Yes, cider is very popular in Normandy and treated with the reverence of wine. Pleased to see you drank it from the proper cups too. Many happy returns and enjoy the rest of your treats. xx

Margaret said...

Looks like a wonderful birthday celebration! You're a year older than my DH! Happy belated birthday!

Astrids dragon said...

It looks like you had a fantastic birthday, you certainly know how to celebrate! I hope you've had time to relax and get some stitching in!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Dear friend Kay, congratulations on your birthday!
Health, happiness and love!
Hugs!

Ariadne said...

Many happy returns my dear!Such a beautiful time you had!AriadnefromGreece!

Pamela said...

Wow! What a great birthday! In Japan, the 60th birthday is Kanreki - a rebirth or starting over, here is an expanation - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hwangap

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a fabulous way to celebrate a special Birthday with gifts, friends and food - all gorgeous!

I love the Japanese idea, your life has definitely changed over recent months and you seem to be enjoying it too.

Carol said...

Welcome to your 60s, Kaye! Hard to believe we are now in our 7th decade, isn't it?!?! Where have the years gone... I'll be 64 in two months--crazy!!

Anyway--I hope this next decade is filled with love and laughter, good health and happiness. Happy 60th (a bit late :)

RJ said...

Happy belated birthday Kaye. Sorry I missed your day. I've been at the beach most of this month. I'm trying hard to catch up on my blog reading and commenting. RJ@stitchingfriendsforever

Sheryl said...

Sounds like you had a really wonderful birthday lasting several days, the company of friends and family, outings, good food and lots of lovely gifts. Wonderful 60. Happy late returns.

Bethan said...

It looks like you celebrated your birthday well! Happiest of birthdays to you, and I hope you have a wonderful year x

ricketyjo said...

A huge belated Happy 60th Birthday to you Kaye!! Looks like you've been having a wonderful time celebrating!

rosey175 said...

I am always so hungry when I look at your blog ahaha! You know how to celebrate life~ But HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!

Marie said...

My kitties and I would love to win the fat quarters. Even if not I love reading about your stitching and home life.

Blessings to you and yours!

Marie @ asatisfiedspirit@mail.com
http://asatisfiedspirit.com

Brigitte said...

Oh dang, I missed it. Your special birthday. But nevertheless I want to send you many happy belated birthday wishes!!! So many flowers and wonderful gifts, Kaye. Enjoy!

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...