Sunday 28 October 2018

A Star is Born....

Two weeks in a row now, TraderVic and I have been out to see a movie. This time it was ...


The remake with Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga.

"Seasoned musician Jackson Maine discovers -- and falls in love with -- struggling artist Ally. She has just about given up on her dream to make it big as a singer until Jackson coaxes her into the spotlight. But even as Ally's career takes off, the personal side of their relationship is breaking down, as Jackson fights an ongoing battle with his own internal demons."



Both Bradley Cooper and Lady Gaga were amazing in it and it was a thoroughly enjoyable movie.

In case, you were not aware, this is the fourth reiteration of this film....

It was first made in 1937, with Frederic March and Janet Gaynor.


Then again in 1954, with James Mason and Judy Garland.


... and for a third time with Kris Kristofferson and Barbra Streisand.



So, if you are looking for your next film to go see I can highly recommend this one.

hugs, 

3 comments:

Julie said...

I remember seeing the Barbara Streisand version, enjoyed it very much at the time.

Margaret said...

I only recently learned of the first iteration of this movie. I knew about the other two. I need to sit down and watch them all!

Lin said...

I loved the Kris Kristofferson version but will be looking out for this one. xx

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...