Monday 15 October 2018

GRAND DESIGNS EAGLEMONT: THE TWO HOUSE PROJECT_BACK HOUSE_Mid- OCTOBER UPDATE

Things are starting to move apace now with our Back House builid - only about two months to it is, hopefully, finished. So, I decided it was time to give you all another update.

Now, just for those who are wondering what on earth I am talking about with my Grand Designs, here is some background:

As I have mentioned to you all previously, TraderVic are embarking upon a major building project - we are building two brand new homes on our very large block here in Eaglemont.  This will eventually necessitate pulling down our family home and replacing it with a brand new "dream" home for TraderVic and I.  This will be the Front House.  As our block is so large, we are also building another home in the back yard whilst still living in the original house.  This is called the Back House and is being built first.  I am hoping to document this grand adventure every week fairly regularly. I hope that you enjoy sharing this journey with me.

So, here are the latest pics in some sort of chronological order from early September to now.

Warning: lots and lots of pics!  I will put the kettle on and some homemade scones out for you as you scroll through - I hope that you enjoy them!

Laundry



En Suite


Main Bathroom



Upstairs



3rd Bedroom


 Upstairs again



4th Bedroom


Upstairs again - the kitchen area



Looking up the stairs...


Dining area


The 4th bedroom on the left, laundry on the right.


2nd bedroom


Upstairs, TV room.


Upstairs, lounge room.


4th bedroom again (and more doors - they seem to appear everywhere and shift around and there are at least two more than we have doorways for, go figure!)


Laundry again.


Upstairs powder room (I think)...


Ensuite 




Main bathroom



The Kitchen cabinetry arrives!


Powder room


Main bathroom



More kitchen cupboards


Is there a bath in that big box?


The Kitchen cupboards go in (this is one side of the kitchen)


Inside the large pantry (much larger than my current one).


The Fridge space...


Pantry again - how cool is it that I will have this great view to look at every time I go to the pantry?


The wine cupboard


The mirrored bathroom cabinet doors


The cabinetry for the TV room (this will divide it from the kitchen) - it looks nothing special here but what until you see the last photo of this post.


One of two built-in robes (Bedrooms 3 and 4)


Cabinetry for the walk-in robe in the Master bedroom


The other side of the kitchen


The walk-in robe being installed




Sad story about the tiling in the bathroom - apparently the tiles that Johnson supplied were faulty (they weren't all the same size) but the silly tiler just laid them all anyway - family bathroom, ensuite and two powder rooms - and now they all have to come out and be retiled with new tiles!


TraderVic checking things out....


... and lastly, the TV room cabinetry all finished - the timber looks stunning!



If you want to read previous posts (track the building progress in pics) on Grand Designs Eaglemont: The Two House Project, please click on the link/s below:







Back House - early September update


hugs, 

P.S. You can check out my Friday Frolics stitching on Frosty Hopes over on Kitten Stitching and the Friday Frolics.

10 comments:

Vickie said...

Oh Kaye! This is so exciting and gorgeous!!!!

Linda said...

Wow!! Kaye. All I can say is wow and I am very jealous.

Linda

Barb said...

I loved seeing all the pictures. You are going to have a very beautiful home!!

marly said...

So different and fabulous. Love those wood (?) floors. What a great house!

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Wow! It will be a beautiful spacious house! A lot of sleep, I like it!
I look forward to continuing!

Carol said...

It's really coming together now, Kaye--looks gorgeous! Will you rent out this back house or sell it? I'm assuming your "block" is what we call a "lot" here and your "robe" is what we call a closet? :) The things you learn from stitching blogs!!

Julie said...

It's coming along so lovely.
Lovely to see you in the mirror when you were taking the pic!

Margaret said...

Amazing! And this isn't even your dream home! Can't wait to see more.

Astrids dragon said...

So very exciting seeing it come together, two months will fly by!
I can't believe we've been in our home three years now.
I'm looking forward to seeing more pics!

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

It's looking great and there's certainly plenty of storage space! Love all the light too.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...