Today's the day! For a party and a Mystery Giveaway!
For the Grow Your Own Blog party!
Welcome to all of the party goers - I hope that you enjoy visiting everyone's blog. Please follow the link above to see who is partying with me.
For those of you who are new to my blog, I will tell you a few things about myself that is not on my header above:
- I have been on blogger about 18 months or so and I am absolutely hooked! I have made so many good online cross stitchy friends who have enriched my life immensely. Thank you!
- My dear online friend Ginny, started me on this blogging journey when we "met" when I was searching for a Henry VIII Cross stitch pattern. Funnily enough, Ginny doesn't blog all that much anymore but we still keep in touch on FB - Thank you, Ginny.
- Now, talking about Henry VIII - I am mad for the Tudors, so I have several Tudor WIPs plus some I am planning to do - so watch this space!
4. Basically, I am a passionate historian and luckily for me, that is what my job is now. I work as a publisher of History books for a large educational publisher here in Australia. It is a great job and I love it - although working full time does cut into my stitching time!
5. As well as stitching, I read a lot - last year I read 120 novels. This year I plan to read 150. You can see what I am reading on my Shelfari shelf on the sidebar of my blog, if you like.
6. This year I am trying to be more organised with my stitching. I am involved in a number of SALs and PIFs and one exchange so far. I find that I am one of those people who the busier they are usuallythe more they can achieve!
Now, I thought that you might like to see the most recent picture of me:
Lastly, I promised you a mystery Giveaway for reading this post. Well, the mystery is that I have not yet decided what the Gifts will be! Yes, I said Gifts. That is because I am going to have two Giveaways: one for Australian bloggy friends and one for Overseas bloggy friends. So, here are the rules:
- You must be a follower of this blog - new or old, it does not matter.
- You must comment on THIS POST only, telling me that you would like to be entered in the Giveaway.
- In your comment, please tell me if you are an Aussie or Overseas bloggy friend and please include your email address and your blog address.
- The Giveaway closes on Feb 1st, winners' names will be drawn on Feb 2nd.
So, thanks for visiting, enjoy the Blog Party and good luck for the Giveaway.