Saturday 23 June 2018

Longest, no wait a minute, Shortest Day SAL...

On Friday (22nd June - a day late due to a too busy day on the 21st), I stitched on The Ice Skaters for the Down Under version of the Longest Day SAL run by Jo from Serendipitous Stitching.  Unfortunately, I didn't get as much stitching done as I would have liked on the Friday either as TraderVic whisked me off to choose ovens and cook tops for the Back House (you can read all about Grand Designs Eaglemont here, if you are curious as to what I am talking about) but more about that in my next Grand Designs Eaglemont update.  You have come for the stitching, so here it is:

Before pic:


Progress pic:


Unfortunately, I have a busy weekend coming up - more cupboards to go through and boxes to pack today, Aqua aerobics and then off to dinner with friends in St Kilda and then to see Paul Capsis at the Memo Hall.  And then, tomorrow, we are doing the Shortest Lunch in the Yarra Valley all day!  So, I am not expecting much stitching to get done at all until mid next week sometime.

But, I am not complaining - it  is all part of the fun of life!

hugs, 

P.S. To all of my Girl's Nest Giveaway #6 Winners, I am still packing and writing up labels - hope to get them posted off very soon.

17 comments:

Barb said...

Kaye, I hope you have a marvelous week-end! It must be kind of weird for you with all of us bloggers talking about the longest day!! Your skaters are coming along beautifully!

Lin said...

Your skaters are looking great Kaye - enjoy your weekend. xx

Mia said...

Your stitch is already beautiful, Kaye. Have a nice weekend, my friend.

Brigitte said...

You really sound very busy, Kaye. Great to see that you found the time for stitching and making progress on your Ice-Skaters.

Mary said...

Lovely stitch and you have a fun filled weekend planned. Enjoy your shortest day lunch!!

Barb said...

Love the skaters piece. Great job so far and I look forward to more progress reports.

Julie said...

Enjoy your fun filled and busy weekend.
I hope you grab a bargain whilst appliance shopping .

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

You are certainly keeping busy! My husband is working all weekend so I'm finding time to stitch and catch up with blog reading too.

Ice Skaters is looking good too.

Daniela Bencúrová said...

Dear Kay, you are a very busy man!
I like the skaters!
Hugs!

gracie said...

This is a lovely piece...

rosey175 said...

Pink ice skater girl can show her stuff now! Are separate ovens/cooktops common down under? I don't often see them here though they do exist. Packing boxes is progress too! :D

Linda said...

Awesome progress Kaye.

Linda

Margaret said...

Your skaters look lovely! lol! So hard to remember that our longest day is your shortest!

Patti-Rocky Mtn Stitcher said...

Love that skating chart! I am also adoring your floss tubes!!

Astrids dragon said...

The pond is getting bigger, it looks great!

Suz said...

For the "shortest" day with all that you have going on, I think you got plenty done! :)

Stitching Noni said...

I love ice skaters stitching :o)

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...