Monday 4 January 2021

People's Choice SAL - Designer Of The Year 2020

Hello everyone, 

It is the first Saturday of the month so time for the People's Choice SAL hosted by the gorgeous Jo, the hostess with the mostest from Serendipitous Stitching.  Thank you, dear Jo for hosting this SAL each month, although I must admit that I rarely take part but I do enjoy seeing what everyone has stitched or posted about for this SAL.  Each month there is a different theme.

This month's theme is Designer of the Year - i.e. the designer that each of us enjoyed stitching the most.

Now, this is a bit of difficult thing to decide as I love, love, love so many designers but I would have to say for 2020 my choice would have to be.....

LONGDOG SAMPLERS

Such wonderful, intricate designs which are easily downloadable pdfs - and last year she offered this gorgeous design, "Pandemic"  for free for a short time - which, of course, I took advantage of!


Now, I am not stitching it in Mono but using a range of blues, purples and greys on a gorgeous sage green fabric.





It has been languishing over last December as I focused on stitching Christmas ornies but I will get back to it very soon.

Anyway, you can link to Jo's blog post here to see which designer everyone else chose.

Next month's theme is Birds.


Lastly, I have reinstated New Start Sundays, so you can read all about my latest New Start by clicking on the link below.  Feel free to enquire about joining this SAL blog, too.





hugs, 




 

7 comments:

Barb said...

Wow Kaye, that will be quite a project!!!

butterfly said...

Great stitching Kaye , love those colors .
Have fun.

Clare-Aimetu said...

Beautiful design but it looks so intricate, good luck with your stitching, it will be nice to watch this grow over 2021

jhm said...


SO what exactly is the Sunday SAL? I'm curious, possibly interested.

Kaisievic said...

Hi jhm, as you are a no-reply-commenter, I am hoping that you will see this reply. The Sunday SAL is very simple: Each Sunday, join me with that NEW design that you just had to START. You choose your OWN chart, fabric and threads. Share your NEW START on Sunday (or any other day you like, really) and please feel free to post progress pics and that FINAL FINISH whenever suits you. Let me know if you would like to join. You can can check out the SAL blog here: https://newstartsundays.blogspot.com/

Susan said...

That's amazing, and your threads are so beautiful. You've accomplished quite a bit already.

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

Thanks for taking part in The People's Choice this month. I love Long Dog Samplers too and also downloaded Pandemic. But not started yet! I did look at colours and adore the ones you have chosen.

Secret Stitching Sweetheart Blog Hop.....

  Hello my lovelies and Happy Valentine's Day....   ... and this means it is time again for the fabulous Valentine's Day Blog hop o...